Golden State Warriors to welcome back Troy Murphy!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
LMAO!! WTF!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?entry_id=83416

From the All-Star weekend in Los Angeles -- The Warriors reached an agreement with Denver to acquire power forward Troy Murphy on Friday, according to a team source, but the deal includes a couple of big contingencies.

You see, Murphy is not a member of the Nuggets. He has to first be traded to Denver in a multi-player, multi-pick deal with New Jersey that includes Carmelo Anthony. Contingency No. 2: Anthony has to sign an extension with New Jersey for the initial deal to be completed.

The Warriors source said Murphy would be dealt to Golden State for Denver's choice of two expiring contracts from a list that includes Dan Gadzuric, Vladimir Radmanovic and Brandan Wright. General manager Larry Riley was in league meetings, so he was unavailable for comment.

The Warriors are hoping to get immediate help in rebounding and could possibly talk Murphy into signing for a hometown discount with his former team in the offseason.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Odds are we get out 1st round pick back as well (from the Marcus Williams trade). Troy Murphy brings more to the table than anybody we'd be giving up as well as an expiring contract, I can't see why anyone wouldn't be on board with this move.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Warriors and Nets have reportedly discussed a trade that would send Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright to New Jersey in exchange for Troy Murphy and a second-round pick.
The deal isn't imminent and "would probably occur much closer to [Thursday's trade deadline]," and there is a good chance that the Warriors would buy out Murphy's contract before he ever reported. Such a move would free him up to sign with a playoff-bound team.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
When Branden Wright does get minutes, he hussles his ass off and tries to make things happen....Troy Murphy is cool but can we get a little more of a factor than Murphy for Wright...

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
I don't get why warriors would trade expiring contacts for another one, not to mention someone like Murphy. It doesn't help the W's really. Murphy would just be taking PT from the younger bigs. Unless the W's just buy him out but I don't see the point of that unless it's for a bigger trade down the trade dead line for roster spots or someshit but the W's trade 3 of their expirings for murphy so they trade away their more "important" pieces(expiring contracts for teams Lookin to shed big contracts) for a trade.

All in all I doubt it happens cuz it doesn't help the W's in any way.

Murphy doesn't do shit anyways Cept for shoot 3's. Lazy ass mafucka.

Like someone stated, wright atleast hustles n tries to help the team wit some defense n hustle.