Golden St. Warriors 13-14 thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Warriors add Thompson to Love talks
Updated: June 19, 2014, 3:37 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Golden State Warriors have greatly increased their chances of acquiring All-Star forward Kevin Love by making sharpshooting swingman Klay Thompson available to the Minnesota Timberwolves in trade talks, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Golden State, after initially resisting Minnesota's desire to land Thompson in a Love deal, has relented and is now willing to package Steph Curry's trusted backcourt mate along with David Lee and first-round pick in a trade for Love that could materialize quickly with the 2014 NBA draft looming Thursday.

Thompson's father Mychal, himself a former No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft and now a radio analyst on Los Angeles Lakers broadcasts, said Thursday on ESPN LA 710 AM that the Warriors and Wolves are discussing a deal in which Golden State would also receive Kevin Martin from Minnesota in addition to Love.

The teams are still in the process of exchanging various trade proposals that would put other players into the deal, sources said. ESPN's Chris Broussard reports that one scenario being discussed is the Wolves acquiring Thompson and Lee for Love, Martin, J.J. Barea and Minnesota's 13th pick.

It remains to be seen whether the Chicago Bulls will continue to chase Love as hard as Golden State has -- which would likely cost them the prized likes of Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson -- or focus their efforts on trying to sign or trade for Carmelo Anthony, who has until Monday to decide whether to opt in or out of the final season on his current New York Knicks contract valued at $23.3 million.

As ESPN.com reported last month, Golden State and Chicago are two destinations at the top of Love's list in potential trades, which is an avenue Minnesota has been forced to explore after Love's representatives made it clear to Wolves management that Love would exercise his right to become a free agent in July 2015 and refuse any attempts by the Wolves to re-sign him.

The Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets are also among the teams making a determined trade push to acquire Love, sources said, but Golden State's ability to furnish Minnesota with multiple quality players that are ready to produce right away is believed to hold great appeal to Timberwolves president of basketball Flip Saunders, who earlier this month added coaching duties to his plate.

The most attractive element of the offers from Boston and Phoenix, sources say, is the prospect of acquiring multiple first-round picks in next week's draft. The Nuggets can offer the likes of forwards Kenneth Faried and Wilson Chandler along with the No. 11 pick next wek, but Golden State is uniquely position to send a former All-Star forward to Minnesota in Lee as well as one of the game's most feared perimeter marskmen in Thompson./p

The Wolves are resigned to dealing Love between now and next February's trade deadline, but many rival executives believe that the Wolves are grudgingly now prepared to move Kevin Garnett's successor as face of the franchise sooner rather than later to try to get as much for Love as they possibly can.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
I would hate to see klay go, but Minnesota is given back a lot. Martin can replace klay's scoring, but they are losing a lot on d, barea is a good back up pg and Kerr is said to be in love with that white guy outta Michigan Stauskas, the best shooter in the draft, who is penciled in the 11-14 range. I say pull the trigger and see where the chips fall. Curry, Love and Iggy isn't a bad big 3. Add Barnes, martin, bogut, ezili, stauskas maybe. I like it.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
it could work

klay's perimeter/wing defense is solid af tho

love aint shit on the defensive end, from what i know (better than d lee tho)....definitely would stretch the floor on offense no doubt

Jun 6, 2014
Earth
Damn this might look good for next year but IDK about long term. I always thought klay was part of the future of the franchise. it would be cool to see bogut in the paint and love able to move out in the open and draw defenders out i feel like curry needs to drive and shoot free throws a bit more and if they dont cover love hes a pretty good shooter too

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
cut thoat u raised some good points bro. but do u think steph will be able to deal with all of these changes? i think klay being gone could make him feel some type of way imo. hopefully he understands and sees the bigger picture.
With the fact that the Warriors have given up Ellis and Jack in the last few years, there's been some significant changes for him. Now the coach too. That's good point.

I'm really hoping Love and Melo don't go to Chicago. I really like K. Love and wished the Thunder could pull off a deal for him. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league. But the way Melo can score and chucks up shots, same with Kobe, the Bulls and Lakers would be dangerous with dedicated rebounder. Especially if you add Noah into the mix in Chicago. That's really what the Thunder are missing. Westbrook is a better rebounder than Ibaka and Perkins which is sad. It's a lost art in the NBA right now.

Jan 18, 2006
Steph will be fine if Klay and D. Lee left. Steph was the whole offense basically, we have had to rely way to much on him. For as much as the T-Wolves are willing to give up to me its a nobrainer. If we have 2 1st round picks for this draft that would be awesome. At this point we just need someone other then Steph to be able to create there own shot. Also with D. Lee not clogging up the lane, Bogut if can actually stay healthy would have a lot more opportunities to score

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2002
it would suck to see klay go. gonna miss that defending plus no one is mentioning that klay has missed what, 1 game in the last 3 yrs? his shooting already elite. warriors dont wanna pay klay the max though. even if we somehow could get love and keep klay u cant pay them both. all im gonna say is that if we get rid of klay for love we better win like yesterday because i think extremely highly of klay.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Who you tellin? I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in here that was rockin with klay all year. Most if not all of you wanted him gone.
lol you aint lyin, took me a minute to warm up to him

i like that warriors management is aggressive, tryin to make it happen, I'll give them that