Global Shipping Program

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
I probably should have vented all of that on this thread instead, sorry BO$$ since that was kinda off topic... but seriously tho, the Global Shipping Program essentially is just a crookedly designed corporate system with the goal to make even more money off users under the disguise of a safe and convenient international shipping program. They are literally opening your packages, downgrading your packaging materials, and charging you the full cost of proper shipping while then dropping your items to third party shippers with no claimed value for customs and letting them take the blame. If an issue arises they are probably trained to blame whoever they can... whether it be the seller, the buyer, or the third party shipper who was just shipping whatever they were given to ship. Believe it or not FedEx was going to reimburse the buyer $40 for absolutely no reason, they were given a damaged and/or extremely weakened package, it's not their fault.. I didn't pack it that way, Fedex didn't pack it that way. Straight BS

If I am shipping a personally owned vintage piece of equipment I hand packed myself... I sure as hell don't want some dumbass 18 yr old in a warehouse in KY tossing that unit around deciding how he can possibly repackage the item with the least amount of materials. I bet they prolly have their own games there, who can reduce the most weight. Talk about some seriously crooked business. And the worst part, both of our ebay representatives kept saying they were "on our team" and "our teammates" whilst pushing blame on the other party.... it's just a whole mess.

The less you have to deal with Ebay the better. I bet they eventually decide the GSP is mandatory for international shipping... and that ain't even far fetched.

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
They make it seem as if it is making it convenient for you, but all it does is add cost to the buyer and when it gets to them in bad shape, it comes back on you. The seller saves on the front end, but pays on the back in after the buyer wants their money back. Not worth it.

Apr 25, 2011
^Thats what I do, i occasionally request to cancel sales thru ebay on high ticket but small items after an auction and request payment directly thru paypal. No ebay or final value fees for you, the buyer pays the same amount, and the best part is even after the sale has been cancelled on ebay, ebay still allows the buyer to leave positive or negative feedback so they still have that nice security for the public to see. Most buyers have no problem doing this once you explain it to them, and i maintain 100% transparency, so if there is a problem it will be handled the old fashion way, between one buyer and one seller. And you can even upload tracking for the buyer even after a cancellation. It's straight up using ebay without them even recognizing you used them. so in other words, they can't even rob you. I've done this numerous times, it's definitely not something ebay wants to find out about, so nobody sound the alarms. But in the end the only fees I'm ever paying anymore is a small paypal fee or a currency conversion charge on paypal which is hardly nothing compared to if the sale actually went through ebay. As far as ebay is concerned I never even sold the item, even though positive feedback is being left both ways every time. It's kind of funny because the majority of all my expensive sold items ever since I figured this out have been cancelled transactions that actually went thru paypal with happy buyers, and of course I'm happy too.

Again this is intended for honest business, other than returning the favor back to ebay for screwing so many people over millions of times a day, I have no malicious intentions by utilizing ebay's own loopholes, they got billions of dollars, my extra hundred dollars in profit here and there with happy customers isn't hurting anyone I know. I mean really who am I paying with ebay fees anyway... Ebay's world class customer service team and the big wheel they are given to spin to decide what to do? If anything the 50 cents it costs to list an item times the millions of items added on ebay daily is more than enough money to keep the machine cranking.

Last edited:

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
^Thats what I do, i occasionally cancel sales thru ebay on high ticket but small items after an auction and request payment directly thru paypal. No ebay or final value fees for you, the buyer pays the same amount, and the best part is even after the sale has been cancelled on ebay, ebay still allows the buyer to leave positive or negative feedback so they still have that nice security for the public to see. Most buyers have no problem doing this once you explain it to them, and i maintain 100% transparency, so if there is a problem it will be handled the old fashion way, between one buyer and one seller. And you can even upload tracking for the buyer even after a cancellation. It's straight up using ebay without them even recognizing you used them. so in other words, they can't even rob you. I've done this numerous times, it's definitely not something ebay wants to find out about, so nobody sound the alarms. But in the end the only fees I'm ever paying anymore is a small paypal fee or a currency conversion charge on paypal which is hardly nothing compared to if the sale actually went through ebay. As far as ebay is concerned I never even sold the item, even though positive feedback is being left both ways every time. It's kind of funny because the majority of all my expensive sold items ever since I figured this out have been cancelled transactions that actually went thru paypal with happy buyers, and of course I'm happy too.

Again this is intended for honest business, other than returning the favor back to ebay for screwing so many people over millions of times a day, I have no malicious intentions by utilizing ebay's own loopholes, they got billions of dollars, my extra hundred dollars in profit here and there with happy customers isn't hurting anyone I know. I mean really who am I paying with ebay fees anyway... Ebay's world class customer service team and the big wheel they spin to decide what to do. If anything the 50 cents it costs to list an item times the billions of items on ebay is way more than enough money to make a CEO happy any day.
Why does the buyer agree? Isn't it slightly less protection for them so you can save money?

Props: BO$$ and BO$$
Apr 25, 2011
The buyer doesn't have to agree, but they will have paypal protection on the purchase. And if I had to choose between having to deal with Paypal resolutions or Ebay resolutions if a problem did come up. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say 9/10 people, whether the buyer or seller, would rather deal with Paypal than Ebay. Again this is just a request on items that are easy to ship and track like CDs, tapes, from someone who occasionally sells items. It would be not be a good idea to do this routinely.

Apr 25, 2011
Essentially what is being done is using Ebay as an advertisement to attract any people interested and then using Paypal for the purchase as you would do so anywhere else offsite. I could have the same item selling on my personal webiste but nobody sees it. If it was possible to link the ebay page to the personal page so the buyer could buy it off the personal page with paypal, that is basically the same thing happening. The added bonuses would be the buyer can leave you feedback, and you can too, you get a better deal, and in many cases you can reduce the cost for the buyer since you would still be better off than with final value fees and having the buyer pay more for it on ebay... everyone gets a plus in the end...well except ebay.

If a problem does come up like the buyer says he never got it even though it was tracked etc. Well that's still a risk, but it's the same risk you have on ebay, except it costs you more for that risk on ebay. Does that Make sense?

Sorry in advance to diggler for me kinda going off topic on this thread..

Last edited: