Global Metal (Movie)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think everyone on here would enjoy this, it's a documentary about the influence of metal in foreign countries such as Brazil, India, China, Indonesia, Japan, and the middle east.

Download here or Stream here

I think my favorite parts are the host going into the mosque wearing a Mastodon shirt and Bruce looking dumbfounded when everyone in India is singing Fear of the Dark.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Yeah me to, WTF? Thanks man can't wait to check it out after work.

Edit: Just got done watching it, great fuckin movie. Stronly recommend everyone check it out. I'm definitely going to be checking out some of the bands in the film.

FYI if you stream it the audio doesn't quite match with the video but it does if you download it.

May 9, 2002
I dont know what anyone else thought, but this was just a fantastic documentary. Its not about music itself, but the cultures that surround the music and the evolution of cultures to metal. The trips this guy took were great and i think Indonesia was the most fascinating. I urge everyone, fans of metal or not, to watch this doc.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Thanks Cory.

I rewatched Global the other day and had forgot about the part where they're talking about how someone wrote Slayer on a wall in Iran and they ask the guy from there about it and he kind of plays dumb about it and they show the rest of the photo and he was the one who did it, so fucking funny.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah that shit was funny as hell.

I'm actually going to buy this DVD when I get a little extra cash and a few other music purchases I've been wanting out of the way. The funny thing is I'm not really a fan of most of the bands they talk about but it's an awesome documentary and it's just cool to see how people got into and love metal from around the world.

On a totally different kind of music documentary tip if anyone can find themselves a Joy Division (self titled documentary) download it's well worth it. It's an amazing one as well for fans and non fans alike.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah exactly I think the only bands I actually listen to that were referenced are Maiden and Mastodon and I still thought it was great. The Chinese bands were fucking sweet, I never would have even imagined they have a metal movement there as small as it was.
Oh and Lars saying downloading is cool now hahaha, that was beautiful.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Oh yeah, I have to say I almost fell off my chair laughing though when they are in India and then all of a sudden "Benny Lava" popped onto my screen during a Metal documentary. That was fucking funny.

May 9, 2002
Here you go, it's in like 7 rapidshare parts...

http://metalmusicvideo.blogspot.com/2008/03/metal-headbangers-journey-dokuemtnal.html

...I'm downloading it now.
Oh you are the effin MAN!

Yeah that shit was funny as hell.

I'm actually going to buy this DVD when I get a little extra cash and a few other music purchases I've been wanting out of the way. The funny thing is I'm not really a fan of most of the bands they talk about but it's an awesome documentary and it's just cool to see how people got into and love metal from around the world.

On a totally different kind of music documentary tip if anyone can find themselves a Joy Division (self titled documentary) download it's well worth it. It's an amazing one as well for fans and non fans alike.
I agree and I am also going to buy this doc. I own NO docs at all and rarely do i find ones that i am truly interested in....this one was fuckin awesome.

Yeah exactly I think the only bands I actually listen to that were referenced are Maiden and Mastodon and I still thought it was great. The Chinese bands were fucking sweet, I never would have even imagined they have a metal movement there as small as it was.
Oh and Lars saying downloading is cool now hahaha, that was beautiful.
Im with you two. The only band I listen to is Orphaned Land from Isreal. But the Chinese black/death metal band Chthonic seemed like some cool shit, so DL'd their first album (they were the band that were using the erhu and dressed in old school Chinese garb at the end of the Beijing segment...they are actually from Taiwain).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic_(band)

http://www.chthonic.org/2008/ch/

May 15, 2002
^^ChthoniC is awesome! I just found out about them about a month ago. Strange coincidence.

Dude on the top left looks like he could be on some sort of a rap album cover.

"Chthonic call their makeup "ghostpaint" instead of "corpsepaint" and base it on the 8 Generals of Hell in Taoist lore. They started out more influenced by the Norwegian image and branched into their own look via researching their culture and folklore." <--pretty sweet

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=4443

May 9, 2002
Just got done with A Headbanger's Journey. I liked it, but not nearlya s much as I enjoyed GLobal Metal. I guess I am a stickler for unestablised foreign countries and seeing the culture spread to them and morphed into something to call their own...that shit was cool to see.

I highly recommend both of these films, for metal heads and non...like myself.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Here you go, it's in like 7 rapidshare parts...

http://metalmusicvideo.blogspot.com/2008/03/metal-headbangers-journey-dokuemtnal.html

...I'm downloading it now.
Here is a link to the Joy Division documentary but you have to be a member of rapidshare to download a single file this big.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96894009/tnan-joyd-xvid.avi
Thanks for posting the links man.

Does anyone have free username/password for rapidshare? I can't afford to be a member right now.