Ginuwine - I Apologize

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2007
enserio said:
I thought Genuwine was a top notch artist. Why, at this stage in his career, he would even put himself in the position to have his music misused and misrepresented is beyond me. I mean, dude has a contract and a label, right? It's not like he needed the money...or did he?
Top notch artists participate in mix CDs and tapes all the time. It's an excellent marketing tool these days. Its not a matter of him putting himself in a particular position.

If you have a signed contract for certain things to happen and the party involved does everything outside of that contract then that is out of your control and has happened to the most established recording artist.

Jay-Z recently had a situation in Las Vegas where a club used his likeness and name to promote an event at All-Star Weekend. Contracts were signed but the promoter still went and did something he wasn't supposed to do and was outside the scope of the contract.

And that was Jay-Z

At the end of the day a contract is only as good as the integrity of all parties involved in regards to the execution of that contract.

Ginuwine upheld his end of the bargain, Nemo didn't.

NEMO

SICCNESS MOGUL
Jan 5, 2003
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
NickFury said:
I'm quite sure you did read that. And name calling isn't the most professional thing in the world as well given the fact you're supposed to be a business man who owns a company.

Just because i know about the situation doesn't mean i have a copy of the contract sir.

You have the copy of the contract since you're the one that did the deal.

Why dont YOU post it?

That didn't even make any sense to ask me to post an agreement I never made with you nor him.

You seem to believe that just because money exchanged hands that you are within your rights to breach a contract and do what you want. You are not.

I can pay someone to clean my car. That doesn't mean he has the right to drive it from my property and go joy riding because i gave him money.

While you harp on money you spent you are going to outsmart yourself because if you decide to ignore legal notifications you will not only loose the money you paid Ginuwine but you will owe him money for punitive damages.

The smart thing will be to pull the project and re-release it the way it was supposed to be released. As a mix CD. Without the photograph which is not within your rights to use regardless and the logo.

You've already shown that you are not a man of your word, that you lack integrity and you are without honor based on your blatant disregard for the contract you have with Ginuwine. So there's no accounting for your promises.

Be smart and pull the project and put it out the right way.
Be dumb and leave it there and get sued and loose the money you paid and owe Ginuwine.

Choice is yours. :)
Never called you a name just stated a fact, by definition I am a black male, and by definition you are a GROUPIE "An enthusiastic supporter or follower:"

group·ie
(grōō'pē) Pronunciation Key
n. Slang

1. A fan, especially a young woman, who follows a rock group around on tours.
  2. An enthusiastic supporter or follower:
actually youve all ready shown you lack integrity, by speaking on something, when you REALLY dont know the facts. I have a copy of the contract and so does Ginuwine. You know why WE have a copy and you dont? its because its none of your business, you are merly a "GROUPIE" like I told you. Your speaking out of turn.

YOUR WORDS:"That didn't even make any sense to ask me to post an agreement I never made with you nor him."

But you think it makes sense for you to question me on a "agreement I never made with you nor him." EXACTLY! this is none of your business,lmao. Its already bad that your buttn in something that doesnt concern you, but on top of that your spreading your opinion on this situation as FACTS, when in reality youve never seen the contract. After you reply to this, you will be BANNED, "GROUPIE"

Feb 24, 2007
NEMO said:
Never called you a name just stated a fact, by definition I am a black male, and by definition you are a GROUPIE "An enthusiastic supporter or follower:"

group·ie
(grōō'pē) Pronunciation Key
n. Slang

1. A fan, especially a young woman, who follows a rock group around on tours.
  2. An enthusiastic supporter or follower:
actually youve all ready shown you lack integrity, by speaking on something, when you REALLY dont know the facts. I have a copy of the contract and so does Ginuwine. You know why WE have a copy and you dont? its because its none of your business, you are merly a "GROUPIE" like I told you. Your speaking out of turn.

YOUR WORDS:"That didn't even make any sense to ask me to post an agreement I never made with you nor him."

But you think it makes sense for you to question me on a "agreement I never made with you nor him." EXACTLY! this is none of your business,lmao. Its already bad that your buttn in something that doesnt concern you, but on top of that your spreading your opinion on this situation as FACTS, when in reality youve never seen the contract. After you reply to this, you will be BANNED, "GROUPIE"
This does concern me as a consumer sir. It is my business as a consumer. And i see you addressed NOTHING, NOTHING of what i said. Why? Because its none of my business? Or because i'm right. :)

Again i dont have to see the contract to know that Ginuwine is not signed to your company so that in essence shows you do not have the right to release a GINUWINE album regardless of an agreement you have with him. Per your agreement you have the right to use tracks he's featured on in a Mix CD. That's what you can legally do. Not release a GINUWINE album.

You're failing to realize your agreement has nothing to do with what everyone sees and that is an album that is not Ginuwine's on the market.

You will ban me because i speak the truth and facts.

We're not discussing the particulars of your agreement....we're discussing the fact you put an album out on Ginuwine when it is painfully obvious that Ginuwine is not signed to your company sir.

Ban me all you like...that only shows that you know i speak the truth and the facts NOT OPINION, this is why you resort to insults and will ban me.

This is totally my business and the business of the consumer. When you sell something that automatically makes it the business of the consumer sir.

Feb 24, 2007
bigbosstalk said:
And discussing it on a forum board that you just signed up for isnt the most professional thing to do either. Pick up the phone and call the man if you have a personal interest in it. This is like trying to settle a dispute over text messaging.

Pick the phone up and call.

There's nothing unprofessional about discussing a subject on a message board sir.

Nemo is more than welcome to call me if he wants my number.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Wasn't the same kind of thing done with these two albums:

Spice-1- Thug Disease
B-Legit- Word Pimpin'

I could really care less. If I like the artist and want to hear the material, then I could give a fuck whose feelings get hurt in the process of me buying the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.