Ghost Hunters

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
My wife and I are amateur paranormal investigators, and Ghost Hunters used to be one of our favorite shows on all of television... BUT, we started to see a trend in them either fabricating evidence, or flat out making something out of nothing, starting a few seasons back. Because of that, even tho I do think they've caught some pretty good evidence, in my eyes it all has to be thrown out because we just don't know what's legit and what isn't. Even their former cast member, Donna Lacroix, came out last November and admitted she caught them (either the producers or the investigators) fabricating evidence. So yea, the show has lost all credibility with us, but we'll still watch it for shits and giggles every now & then. As far as entertainment value, I like Ghost Adventures more than Ghost Hunters, but again, I can't take it too seriously because they've been caught faking too.

It's the same thing with pretty much all the paranormal shows on TV... they've either been caught red handed faking shit, or they're trying too hard to say that every noise & shadow is a ghost... or a little of both. Paranormal State, Most Haunted, and Psychic Kids are the worst offenders for faking evidence...

As any paranormal investigator can tell you, most of the time no matter where you're investigating, you're not going to catch much good evidence in one night of investigation. I'm lucky to get one EVP per investigation, and as far as video evidence, that's even harder to get something substantial.. but it makes it that much more satisfying when we do get something good.

It comes down to, they need ratings and constant episodes where all they catch is one EVP or nothing at all, are NOT going to bring in ratings... so, what are they going to do? They're going to do what they need to do to keep the show on the air.

Oct 9, 2008
I think they legit just for the pure fact that i've sat thru so many episodes where they didn't catch jak shit! Kind of adds to the value of when they do catch something..And i personally haven't seen anything on this show that would lead me to believe any of it was fabricated..GHI on the other hand seems to think every evp is proof of a haunting but i think jay and grant is solid!

Oct 9, 2008
And most haunted is they gayest fakest ghost show on the air i can't believe people still watch that.. same goes for paranormal state..ghost adventures is mildy entertaining but those dudes are such douche bags..

Jun 9, 2007
ghost adventures is mildy entertaining but those dudes are such douche bags..
they are, but they're more entertaining than Ghost Hunters these days so I gotta give em props for that.

as far as Ghost Hunters fabricating evidence, you can search on youtube and you'll find dozens of videos that prove what they showed as "evidence" on the air wasn't actually true evidence.. also there's a few videos that expose them flat-out faking evidence..

Oct 9, 2008
I even checked youtube to see if they was fakin shit and all saw was a bunch of haters..lol i didn't see any actual proof they were faking anything?? Show me a specific video

Jun 9, 2007
Making something out of nothing and/or failing to properly analyze evidence:

Faking evidence:

Grant's "coat tug" from Halloween 2008:

Grant throwing hangers:

Moon River, obvious person sneaking into camera's view & sneaking back out:

and finally, former cast member Donna admitting GH faked evidence:

there's other legitimate debunk videos too, they're not just all "haters"...
but hey, if you want to believe everything they show you is paranormal, that's on you... like I said, I still watch the show, but for entertainment value and to come to my own conclusions on what's shown.

Oct 9, 2008
Ok i watched all those videos..which are some of the ones i was speaking of and i honestly think you gotta be a dam fool to look to much into those..what i see is a bunch of people trying way to hard to disprove evidence...the only one that had any validity what so ever was the first one which was at best a mistake on jay and grants part..but really the video was to shitty to even see what dude was talkin bout, and he was obviously a total fag making 3d models and shit..lol Show me grant pick up a hanger and throw it or him pull a string in his jacket..this shit would never stand up in court i'll put it that way..

Oct 9, 2008
This is a clip of most haunted which was obviously faked..Your gonna have to show me solid proof like this before i go and say ghost hunters is faking shit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4aORkKiYM

Also listening to interview with donna..she cant even mention a specific episode..And she just a hateful bitch after her and other chick kept fighting on GHI and she wasn't gettin her money so of course she has reason to bs..Donna was the fakest of all to me..lol always having "feelings" and shit GTFO

Oct 3, 2006
that guy from paranormal state ryan is a douche and so is his gay ass pyschic friend who shits his pants everytime he "feels" somethin

Jun 9, 2007
Ok i watched all those videos..which are some of the ones i was speaking of and i honestly think you gotta be a dam fool to look to much into those..
lol, whatever you say buddy. Don't let me spoil your fuzzy feelings for Ghost Hunters... like I said if you wanna believe everything they show you so be it.

personally, I have enough of a rational mind to look at the hanger clip, and see the camera guy behind the couch filming, KNOWING he's pointing right where the hanger came from and it'd be a perfect viewpoint, but then they're not gonna air that footage?? they even said afterward that they'd look into putting it up online so the fans could see, but they never did & just blew it off... what are they hiding? oh yea, Grant throwing the hanger.. can't let everybody see that now can they?

lmao

Oct 9, 2008
I'm not saying they're not faking anything, i don't know for a fact but to this point i have seen nothing to make me think they were faking anything..And i didn't see any camera man behind grant? So i don't know wtf thats about?? To me from the camera angle, he looked to be standing between jay and grant and behind neither of them.. I'm not trying to defend them but if you're gonna say they are faking evidence you gotta show me better "evidence" of such offenses..None of these videos show anything conclusive one way or the other..

You say that ghost hunters are making something out of nothing but i think the dudes trying to debunk them are really trying to make something out of nothing..If i saw a video like the one i posted a link to early in this thread i would say "yes that is conclusive proof that TAPS is full of shit!" I have not seen anyting remotely close to that..

Jun 9, 2007
I'm not saying they're not faking anything, i don't know for a fact but to this point i have seen nothing to make me think they were faking anything..And i didn't see any camera man behind grant? So i don't know wtf thats about?? To me from the camera angle, he looked to be standing between jay and grant and behind neither of them..
he's not behind Grant, he's standing with the camera FACING Grant and facing the direction the hanger's thrown from... watch starting at 1:18

see that light to the far left of the screen? That's the camera, filming the entire time as the hanger flies through the air and lands on the ground... so why would they choose not to allow anybody to see that footage?

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 & 2 together.