Getting into baseball, few questions.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Thanks for the info brehs will post a bit more in your baseball threads. I really like this game.

JLMACN @JLMACN

Do you ever go to away games?

Chree @Chree

I gotta support the local, these people crazy about baseball here. Fuck the lions though lol.
I haven't made it to any away games but my goal is too soon start doing that! Hopefully one day ill make it to Detroit!

Props: NAMO

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Im understanding our batting order a bit more now. We have Hunter in front of Cabrera because he most likely gets on base, so when Miggy beasts it up and hits a home run, it will be worth 2 or more if any others are on base. Also, we have Fielder going after Cabrera incase they walk him, there is another big hitter there.

This team is really good.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Im understanding our batting order a bit more now. We have Hunter in front of Cabrera because he most likely gets on base, so when Miggy beasts it up and hits a home run, it will be worth 2 or more if any others are on base. Also, we have Fielder going after Cabrera incase they walk him, there is another big hitter there.

This team is really good.
Exactly. Your 1& 2 hitters are the guys who get on base alot. Their OBP (On Base Percentage) typically is high. .300 and above....fielder is behind Cabrera to protect him.

Jun 23, 2002
DH - in the AL each team gets a 'designated hitter' that hits in place of the pitcher. im sure you noticed pitchers cant hit for shit. the NL does not have a DH believe it or not, which makes the rule weird, controversial yet cool thing about baseball.

player positions by numbers - see this pic:

you'll often hear sports commentators refer to a double play as 4-6-3 double play as in second basemen to short stop to first base (this is most common type of double play). for giants games here they show a players hitting night as F7 or flyout to 7 (7 = left field). you should know this as soon as possible.

strategy - this is where you gotta catch up just by watching a lot of games. hit and runs, when to steal, intentional walks, double steals etc.

Jun 23, 2002
for pitchers - how long they go during a game depends on how well they're pitching but also their pitch count. if the PC is low as the game goes along than fantastic. if its high (100+) and the pitcher is still going 7 innings strong, the manager still might take him out to preserve his arm for the next start.

general rule is teams with good pitching do well bc good pitching will always beat good hitting. thats why the sf giants have won 2 world series last 3 years, great pitching. although our pitching has been suspect this year with the same pitchers.

having great setup men is also crucial (aka bullpen). once the starting pitcher goes out, a pitcher or 2 or 3 will come in to finish the game off. strategy comes into play here a lot too bc theres certain matchups that are favorable. ex: u want a lefty pitcher going against a lefty hitter because lefty hitters can hit a righty pitcher easier.

usually in the 9th a closer comes in to finish the game off. its pretty much his only job. some teams dont have a one closer and go by committee but most teams do have one player they rely on

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Wow these guys are deep. 9 innings and Sanchez almost went the whole game with no hits. Dominating performance tonight.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I'll let me 5 year old drop some knowledge on this thread later... Hes way past this...
It's amazing that he can type on a keyboard at 5. Combine that with the ability to construct a post giving in depth instruction on baseball, you might have a child genius on your hands.

Props: D.I.R.B