Getting a car towed to a junk yard question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2005
I'm getting ready to strip my entire car for parts since my engine blow a rod this past weekend. I"m fuckin' pissed off too because I was going to restore, but I don't want to spend all of my money on getting the engine rebuilt so I'm parting it out. Fuck putting it on credit either. I'm saving my money for a house.

So my question is this. Will any tow truck take it to a junk yard and dump it for me even though it's registered through June? Shit, I'll even pay the mother fucker to tow it for me if there aren't any other fees. Btw, it won't have any wheels on the car.

damng

Sicc OG
Apr 19, 2008
you get payed when they tow it away, and you just do the title release forms to the company, and youre done. call around for the highest output

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I went to sell a car to scrap yard before, they offered me a whopping $60, and that was for a running car...I sold it to some guy selling bootleg movies in the parking lot for $80, and I am almost 100% sure it was used in a crime shortly there after, lol, dude was shady lookin and none of the info he gave me checked out, lol.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
My brother towed a car to the steel mill that I used for parts, they gave him a few hundred dollars but it is just based on the weight. If you want to just give it away look for someone on craigslist that picks up scrap metal or junk. I doubt any junk yard would waste their time with it once it is stripped for parts.

Aug 9, 2006
tow companys will glady pay for it, with no wheels, and EXAUST they wont give you much, we get money from scrap metal alone but our real money maker is in the Catylac concerters..they are full of PLATINUM, the good ones (domestic SUV, BMW, other nice imports) could bank us 300 cash and the scraper gets double that.....plenty of money in the scrap metal business, id hook you up but your way out of the way for the money