Get Rid of Baron Davis?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kick Baron to the curb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 15, 2002
Would you trade Baron this off season if you could?

I'd say yes. He's been dogging it ever since he's been here. He came into camp outta shape last season which showed me he didn't care especially after the "momentum" the warriors had in the prior season once they acquired him. I'd let Monta Ellis take the reigns of the team. Yeah he's young but you can see the star potential in him.

tidbit from todays nypost

It's no surprise Portland, Philadelphia, Houston, Milwaukee, New York, Toronto, Golden State, Charlotte, Utah, Phoenix, Washington, Boston and the Lakers were the biggest talkers down here during the NBA's now-concluded pre-draft camp.
Carlos Boozer, Baron Davis (if Mike Montgomery and his staff get their way), Brendan Haywood (at odds with Eddie Jordan for most of the season), the ever-popular Brevin Knight, pick-a-Knick, Andrew Bynum (if Phil Jackson, with only two years left to win a title, gets his way), and Kurt Thomas were on the loose lips of many down here.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/trade_show_sports_peter_vecsey.htm

Apr 25, 2002
Depends on what comes in return. Id rather try to move Murphy and our #1 pick for something if a trade happens. Id like to think Baron will play with more of a chip on his shoulder next season and come in to training camp in better shape but I wont give up my hopes like last season. He's facing alot more critics this off season then last year when he was the Warriors "savior" so we'll see if it motivates him more.

May 15, 2002
^^^^

He, or any player, should not be motivated by critics. They should be motivated cause they want to win. I don't think Baron has a chip on a his shoulder and if he does, its forgotten by the money in his pockets.

Apr 25, 2002
AC Transit said:
^^^^

He, or any player, should not be motivated by critics. They should be motivated cause they want to win. I don't think Baron has a chip on a his shoulder and if he does, its forgotten by the money in his pockets.
Thats true..seems like he has his head is more into his film company or whatever then basketball. Sad thing is he could be an all star every season if he was in shape and had any heart. I just dont think we could get much for him in a trade right now since his stock is probally lower then ever.

May 15, 2002
i agree his stock is low and maybe his contract (i don't know what the terms are) might make him hard to trade. But at this point, it would be addition by subtraction. Let Monta start and get a veteran to back him up(fisher). Though with his attitude, I don't know who would take him.

Jan 30, 2006
man fuck davis. he ain't nothing but a lazy ass bitch. they need to get rid of
him real quick. as you can tell i'm pissed at the warriors with all their losing and shit. they need to make some major moves. i think the only people that
should be untouchable are ellis and diogu. i don't care if you trade everyone
else. i mean losing j.rich would be bad but they need to include him in a deal
if they really gonna get a big time player.

Jan 7, 2006
i would say if they can trade his huge contract to someone that will take him and get some good player or players or they will just have to deal with another losing season

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I think he just needs to be pushed...give him time and if he's still not doing shit then ship him off.....or better yet, bench him until he realizes that he needs to play hard....coaches nowadays aren't using their power enough

Jun 18, 2004
It all depends on what would the Ws get in return. To trade him now he would most likely have to be packaged with someone like Ike and or Murphy to get a big name. If he does well befoer the trade deadline, his stock would rise, but then you would have to question trading or keeping him. Davis is an anomaly at this point, you want him to do well for the team, but you also have to consider trade value if he does do better. Either way the Ws have Ellis, which, depending on his play at the start of this season, could make trading Davis an easy decision.

May 15, 2002
wait and see? you can't do that. If you wait and see how he does in the season, he won't get traded. If he plays good, you're not gonna trade him. If he sucks or the warriors suck, they won't be able to get equal value cause teams will know they're trying to trade him so they'll get low balled. The only way it works if you wait is if the warriors suck(last place) but baron averages 25-10 points and assists.