Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Expected to Headline UFC 158 in March

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
no disrespect i just quoted you cuz you were the last to post it. Just seeing every where how people are trying to make excuses why diaz lost. Not seeing out your eye is a factor but i think either way diaz would have got beat. I personally just dont think the diaz bros are that great. To me they are more middle of the pact fighters and thats where they should stay.
SO LET ME BEAT A DEAD HORSE HERE......there is no excuse why he lost, I'm merely stating facts to what happen in the fight. What i am saying is benson's leg kicks weren't a factor . Do you understand ?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2004
The facts are that the Diaz brothers fight from a traditional boxing stance opposed to your classic squared up MMA stance. The boxing stances forces them to eat leg kicks and is horrible for sprawling. The pros is that it allows them to get more extension on their punches and sit on their punches.

When you fight from a boxing stance you cannot use your lead leg to check kicks because your hips are being locked. Same reason they can't get their hips under them in time to sprawl and stop take downs. This is also why the Diaz brothers cant throw leg kicks and when they do they look silly as fuck. In addition, the lead leg is out infront and is easier to grab from a boxing stance so they are literally asking to get taken down.This is why NOBODY in MMA besides the Diaz bros use a boxing stance. Machida uses a similar angle on his stance, but he doesn't rely on boxing so his hips and footwork are more fluid.

Trust me I used to fuck around and use a boxing stance in muay thai at fairtex sf all the time and I learned my lesson.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2004
It's because they are tough SOB, but if you leg kick the shit out of them, circle away the entire fight avoiding standing infront of them and picking your strikes very carefully you can beat them. Cerrone made the mistake of standing right infront of Nate while Bendo and Condit didn't.

Re-watch this fight with Cyborg. Cyborg was kicking the shit out of Nick but he fucked up by trying to brawl and then taking him down. GSP will come in, kick the shit out of Nick, run away and then take him down here and there but play it safe in his guard. If you stand infront of a Diaz brothers you will get your shit punished.

With all that said WAR DIAZ!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
st pierre would get submitted , you can't play it safe in his guard . bj penn took diaz's back and he survived , people don't do that when bj penn has your back you're in trouble

bendo engaged the fight , he'd clinch with him and he did great. fought off some submission attempts and nate had him in trouble for a second. but condt did not engage the fight condt , nick deserves the shot and i think nick might be able to get under georges skin and in his head . i think st pierre is gonna try to be more aggressive

Last edited:

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Why isn't Hendricks getting a shot at GSP?????? This is bullcrap
Because GSP called out Nick to handle unfinished business. Nick controversially lost to Condit and was supposed to rematch Condit before the positive weed test. Everyone wants to see Nick/GSP. Its been a match in the making for a while now. I think Hendricks will get the winner though. Got Em!!

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I don't get this internet hype train for Hendricks to get a title shot, within the last 2 years he got grinded out and lost to Rick Story, won a gifted bullshit SPLIT decision over Mike Pierce, and won a terrible gifted bullshit SPLIT decision over Koscheck. I personally saw him barely losing to Pierce and saw Koscheck as a clear cut winner.

I give props for the Fitch and Kampmann KO's, but honestly if they fought 10 more times i'd take Fitch in all 10.

I'm not a Hendricks hater by any means, I like the guy and he's a good fighter, just don't see why people want to see him get a title shot so bad.

Last edited: