GEORGE ST PIERRE VS. THIAGO ALVES

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WHO IS GONNA WIN?

• ST PIERRE WINS

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • ALVES WINS

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 9, 2005
I like both fighters, but Thiago is probably my favorite UFC fighter.

He's got excellent takedown defense, and I think he has a good chance at neutralizing GSP's speed by his leg kicks. Plus, he's huge, and will probably have a good 10lbs weight advantage in the cage.

Thiago by stoppage.

I know, I'm going out on a limb, GSP is definitely one of the best right now, but I think Thiago is also an elite level fighter.

Feb 12, 2004
I think Thiago should really consider laying off the weights in the future. Every fight that he has becomes a guessing game of whether he'll make weight or not. Apparently he was 183 yesterday so he's ahead of schedule to make weight.

May 17, 2004
i love gsp as a fighter think he is a douche bag as a person cause canada sucks , think alves cant hang with gsp
id have to say gsp is probably the most humble person in the ufc. regardless if hes french canadian.

im hoping gsp takes it but i wont be disappointed if alves wins either.

May 6, 2002
GSP is a 3-1 favorite.

I think Alves can win the 1st or 2nd round, I'd be very surprised if he won both. GSP takes it by UD or late stoppage (end of 4 or anytime in 5).

Alves is going to gas. Guy looks like he is on way too much Creatine Mono, that's why his muscles look fluffy (rather than GSP bieng much more dense). He better stay hydrated or he is going to gas quick...

GSP late.

Feb 12, 2004
Looks like Thiago won't have any problems making weight. Apparently tuesday night after his workout he was only 5lbs over so thats good to hear. I'll give the pitbull my vote and be cheering for him.

Jul 24, 2005
this is a toss up right I like alves cause of his size but gsp always have a damn good gam plan right now I'm leaning towards gsp

Apr 25, 2002
GSP is a 3-1 favorite.

I think Alves can win the 1st or 2nd round, I'd be very surprised if he won both. GSP takes it by UD or late stoppage (end of 4 or anytime in 5).

Alves is going to gas. Guy looks like he is on way too much Creatine Mono, that's why his muscles look fluffy (rather than GSP bieng much more dense). He better stay hydrated or he is going to gas quick...

GSP late.
LOL since when was using creatine put an athlete at a disadvantage

Feb 12, 2006
Alves looks like he might just pop if you take a needle to him, he does look like a monster but I think the longer the fight goes GSP will take it.