GEARS OF WAR COMPETITION! XBOX LIVE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
If you didn't sign up...now's a good time. Originally, the contest was to start on April 9th. They were supposed to reset the leaderboard in Warzone...but didn't...lol so now they reset it @12:01 am this morning...it's now over on May 13th. It's world wide...but you gotta be ranked in the top 11 in the U.S.A...currently im in 12,000 place....about 9000 points behind the top. I think I can catch up with about 8 hours of solid play tonight. :confused: :confused:
Gears of War Global Tournament

Welcome to all-out war—the Gears of War® Global Xbox LIVE® Tournament!
Battle your way to worldwide domination by going head-to-head with some of the world's best. If you're good enough, you'll curb stomp and chainsaw your way to the top of the leaderboard and all the way to the Grand Final in Prague. Register now! Registration begins on March 29 and ends May 12.

Get your chainsaw ready.
Play and compete to show the world you're the best Gears of War player. All games must be played in Warzone and the scores listed on the Warzone leaderboard. Official play begins April 20 and ends May 12. The top players on the leaderboard will win some great prizes.

World Cyber Games

The Gears of War Global Xbox LIVE Tournament is presented by the World Cyber Games. Join over one million gamers from 70 countries worldwide and participate in the World Cyber Games, the world's largest video game tournament and cultural festival. Compete for a chance to represent your country and face off against the world's elite for the title of World Champion. Click here or on the WCG banner to register for the World Cyber Games today.
Note: Separate registration is required to participate in the World Cyber Games, but it is not required to participate in the Gears of War Global Xbox LIVE Tournament. See official rules for more details.

Prize Information

The top players in the Gears of War Global Xbox LIVE Tournament will receive the following:
  • Grand prize(s): The 11 top ranked overall players receive a trip for two to Prague to compete in the Gears of War World Finals.
  • Secondary prize(s): The top 12-25 overall ranked players (after the Grand Prizes have been awarded) receive an Xbox 360™ Bundle (Xbox 360 Pro Console, Viva Piñata™, Project Gotham Racing® 3, Xbox LIVE Arcade Unplugged Volume 1, Kameo™: Elements of Power™, and an Xbox LIVE Gold 12 month subscription) plus Gears of War faceplates and statues.
  • World Cyber Games Prize(s):The top four overall ranked players in each participating country win a trip and automatic entrance to their country's 2007 World Cyber Games National Championship event.
Open only to legal U.S. residents including the District of Columbia 18 years of age and older. Void in Maryland and Vermont and where prohibited by law. Tournament ends at 11:59 P.M. GMT, 3:59 P.M. PT May 12, 2007. PT is eight hours behind GMT. For Official Rules see www.xboxlivetournament.com/Rules.aspx?t=gearsofwar.

More Information

How to Enter:
  • Register your gamertag here.
  • Play Gears of War in Warzone online between April 20 - May 12.
  • Winners will be notified by e-mail after May 12.
Related Links:

Apr 19, 2007
warzone sucks if they would of made it execution i would of owned that shit i hate warzone though you got a bunch of faggots lanzering you from 2000 yards away and blam your down. unless you plan on getting a bunch of friends to back your ass up and host all your games and play 16 hours a day you have no chance..

May 1, 2003
Likwid said:
Lmfao good luck dude. If I played 8hrs straight my eyes would fail.

lol...mines usually do. But it's a great stress reliever. I usually play on a smaller tv while I watch news on the main tube at the same time....while downloading warez and free music on the computer. Multitasking.

May 1, 2003
Nofaceki11a said:
its gonna take alot of playing to get in the top 20 alot of kids gonna be spending there life trying
yeah...I doubt if I even get close...I got a job and a family. It pretty much boils down to who is online the most rackin up points.