FUCK 7TH HEAVEN: Or how NOT to run a business.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2005
JUST AN FYI THE STORE HAS BEEN AROUND OVER 35 YEARS... SOLD 4TRACKS TO CDS...

AS YOU MAY HAVE SEEN I AM IN CHARGE OF RAPKC.COM AS WELL AS A MANAGER AT 7TH HEAVEN ... AS FOR MARKUP IT IS NO SECRET... WE PAY THE ARTIST EXACTLY WHAT THEY ASK FOR THEIR CDS... AS FOR RICH'S $18 PRICE TAG... HE WANTED $9 A DISC HIMSELF.... SO 7TH HEAVEN CHARGES $9 X 2...I THINK THAT IS 18... I AM SURE THAT IF YOU WENT TO BUSINESS SCHOOL AS JAN DID, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IS STANDARD (IF NOT A LITTLE LOW) RETAIL MARKUP... NICE TRY... AS FOR A FAULTY DISC... IT DOES HAPPEN WITH LOCAL ARTISTS... HOWEVER IF YOU BRING THE CD AND RECIPT RIGHT BACK IN TO ANY MANAGER YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING ANOTHER ONE... YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW... BC I AM A MANAGER AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TOLD TO DO BY JAN HIMSELF.

YOU CAN VERIFY THE PRICING SYSTEM WITH ANY LOCAL ARTIST IN KC, TEXAS, BAY WELL, ANYWHERE...
Yeah, actually I am in business school. My point was, at a cost of $9 a cd, you guys could have switched mine out, given me a working copy and still be breaking even on the transaction. So nice try? Nice try at being right by me, I guess. I wasn't complaining about the price, I was complaining about selling me a broken CD and then telling me I had to buy it again.

See, I did bring the receipt back, talked to two different people, and they flat out told me No. So don't act like it's that easy, because it's not. Maybe it is store policy to change it out, but it sure wasn't the day I was in there. If you're the manager, I would suggest you talk to your people working behind the counter and get them up on store policy instead of pissing people off that spend money there. Maybe those people didn't know what they were doing, but coming on here and blowing smoke about how easy it is to switch out a busted CD is pure bullshit considering the treatment I got when I was in the store myself. Furthermore, this post by you, a "manager" at the store really goes a long way to exposing the level of customer service this Kansas City "landmark" offers. Instead of coming on here and apologizing to me, the loyal customer, you bark at me in an accusatory tone like I didn't already try to return the CD myself or am making up some sort of story. Seriously?

RE: Mocheez
I wasn't attacking the owner, I was just curious as to the background of the store. I find it interesting when white people make a lot of money off the work of minorities - and I'm white, so don't get it fucked up. I'm glad to hear he is a good guy, but the fact that 7th Heaven has made a lot of people a lot of money doesn't make my experience there any less valid or true. I'm a reasonable person, and I wouldn't come here putting them on blast if I didn't feel like I was wronged.

As for the 18 dollars, anybody that is about their money is going to be pissed off about taking a loss, 18 bucks or 80 cents. Telling me I should shake it off, or charge it to the game or whatever is bullshit. I don't care if the store has been there for 800 fucking years and sold autographed copies of the Holy Bible, it doesn't change my experience there. Good for "jan" if he doesn't need my money, but I have a strong feeling he would not share your attitude. At least, not if he's half the businessman you all make him out to be - and I don't doubt that he is.