Freeway gets emotional mourning death of The Jacka during interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2003
What verse was that in '02? Jacka and Freeway?

Still can't belive dude is gone. It's crazy to see how many people he touched and influenced. I didn't realize how big his following was. I remember the weekend he died hearing KMEL doing a tribute and actually playing his music and how many people called in to say something or request his music. On one hand it was beautiful, on the other it was weak that that they couldn't play his music more when he was around.

RIP to one of the Dopest

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
What verse was that in '02? Jacka and Freeway?

Still can't belive dude is gone. It's crazy to see how many people he touched and influenced. I didn't realize how big his following was. I remember the weekend he died hearing KMEL doing a tribute and actually playing his music and how many people called in to say something or request his music. On one hand it was beautiful, on the other it was weak that that they couldn't play his music more when he was around.

RIP to one of the Dopest
That's how it goes man.
they don't love you til you're gone. And people realize what was lost.

I also thought it was odd that when mac dre passed, it sparked a huge hyphy movement that lasted for years. and the radio had dre on heavy rotation for a long time. But when Jacka passed, they played some of his music for a day and that was that.

TEEKO

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2014
That's how it goes man.
they don't love you til you're gone. And people realize what was lost.

I also thought it was odd that when mac dre passed, it sparked a huge hyphy movement that lasted for years. and the radio had dre on heavy rotation for a long time. But when Jacka passed, they played some of his music for a day and that was that.

I felt that same thing about a few days of his music being played then that's it. But I know for fact alot of niggas really trying to keep that legacy alive & i'm sure we will see plenty of more music from Jack. He had HELLA shit recorded & ready (albums/features) all kinds of shit..... Hope shit ends up in the right hands but, it's cool to see Ampichino finishing the Devilz Rejectz they had coming out, aswell as Berner finishing up the Drought Season album.

R.I.P Jacka

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
Yeah a handful of "famous" rappers and people including even Russell Simmons have mentioned through Twitter, Instagram Facebook or whatnot a quick RIP.. Anyone can say that. This actually conveyed the depth of his loss to Free way.. even though it was quick and pretty basic. I would like to see a full length movie with 5 minute or more in depth interviews with everyone talking about the Jacka. Their exoeriences with him, memories, his influence etc. He touched so many people truly around the world.. in music.. the Hood..the MOB... he had friends and family every where he went. He was this generations Tupac. One reason they Created the Hyphy trend when Mac Dre died was because that was commercially viable feel good party music that had mainstream appeal.. the MOB music card Jacka pushed Represented and held it down for is something only a small sub culture can feel relate to and the nusic helps people in the struggle but 99% of America doesnt know anything or care about.

TEEKO

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2014
Yeah a handful of "famous" rappers and people including even Russell Simmons have mentioned through Twitter, Instagram Facebook or whatnot a quick RIP.. Anyone can say that. This actually conveyed the depth of his loss to Free way.. even though it was quick and pretty basic. I would like to see a full length movie with 5 minute or more in depth interviews with everyone talking about the Jacka. Their exoeriences with him, memories, his influence etc. He touched so many people truly around the world.. in music.. the Hood..the MOB... he had friends and family every where he went. He was this generations Tupac. One reason they Created the Hyphy trend when Mac Dre died was because that was commercially viable feel good party music that had mainstream appeal.. the MOB music card Jacka pushed Represented and held it down for is something only a small sub culture can feel relate to and the nusic helps people in the struggle but 99% of America doesnt know anything or care about.

Coming from the point of view of an acquaintance of Jack, he'd love hearing shit like this! It's been over a month already & I still think the real hasn't set in with alot that really knew him infront & behind cameras! Jack was a real dude & always gave hella love whenever he came around.