Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I've never heard anyone call the stuff out of LA/SoCal ratchet (which is stupid) until Al used it a few days ago but it definitely has some elements of the jerking scene that was a big a few years ago mixed in with sound wise. Which I couldn't stand then but works well with the music Earl Swavey and KOIE Boyz are making for the most part.

Drill music tends to sound more aggressive and fast paced than trap music out of the ATL to me. Like they are both heavy sounding but I don't know that sounds right in my head.

They all share the same elements but I think they sound pretty different personally. Like I wouldn't get them confused and can tell the distinctions between the three.

I don't know I'm buzzed whatever who cares.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Also people confuse talking about a trap house or trapping (dope house and selling dope) with the trap music sound out of ATL. Like yeah of course it was born from both of those things but it doesn't mean that's the sound some from Chicago is going for sound wise with an album title like Fredo's up there or just using the word trap in a rap song.

I don't know I'm buzzed whatever who cares.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I played the fuck out of Guess Who's Back and 24 Shots back in the day. They both have some songs that held up pretty well. I grabbed Get Rich or Die Tryin' the day it dropped because I liked those two so much and even then I thought it was ehhh. Never liked much going forward minus a song here and there.

In other words I listened to 50 Cent before he was popular so I'm cool.