Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Brehs, I have kinda a big decision to make and would like some honest feedback. To make a kinda long story short, workers comp dropped my claim of when I injured myself, because they say my injury was caused because of my pre existing condition (i was diagnosed with marfans syndrome when I was like 5). They say if I didn't have Marfans, and wasn't on blood thinners, I would of healed normally, and it wouldn't of been this bad. So anyways, we have a hearing soon. On Friday workers comp offered to settle. My lawyer and their lawyer negotiated, and came up with a pretty good chunk of change (decent 5 figures). My problem is, my lawyer says I have a 50/50 chance of winning. The defense says I have a 20% chance. If I go to trial and lose, I get nothing, if I win, ill get a lot more money. What's a breh to do?

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Brehs, I have kinda a big decision to make and would like some honest feedback. To make a kinda long story short, workers comp dropped my claim of when I injured myself, because they say my injury was caused because of my pre existing condition (i was diagnosed with marfans syndrome when I was like 5). They say if I didn't have Marfans, and wasn't on blood thinners, I would of healed normally, and it wouldn't of been this bad. So anyways, we have a hearing soon. On Friday workers comp offered to settle. My lawyer and their lawyer negotiated, and came up with a pretty good chunk of change (decent 5 figures). My problem is, my lawyer says I have a 50/50 chance of winning. The defense says I have a 20% chance. If I go to trial and lose, I get nothing, if I win, ill get a lot more money. What's a breh to do?
Also, I get disability through the state. So, this would not effect that.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
are you gonna be able to work again soon? If you can work again i'd take the money.

Big ass risks on going to court though if you can't work again, then not only do you not work, but you end up with nothing, that would blow.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Personally I would maybe take the settlement, and get $ from the state.

Whats likely hood you will be able to work again? Can you go back to school? learn a new trade? That money could hold you over as you readjust your life.
I'll let you know when my lawyer broke down the settlement, he alloted 15 g's for vocational schooling becuz I wouldn't be able to go back to my old job.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Five figures seems to me like a lot less that your injury deserves. I'd tell them to fuck off.

Props: S.SAVAGE