Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'm gonna contact that resource and see what they say. I got a weird ass income, I could probably get something. I technically only make like $900 guaranteed from VA disability every month. My housing allowance only kicks in when I'm active in school which is $1608 for the Portland area, but it's only completely active for a total of like 10 months out of the year. They could probably help out I'm sure, don't think $2500 a month with a dependent is too much income.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I guess your right Nutt, I must be doing something wrong
I can ask him if there were any other things that maybe made him qualify easily or something. I mean I'm not doubting you there is a long wait for housing resources in general but it just seems weird that a dude that was moving from out of state there got right in, I don't know.

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
Also big LOL @ Portland ghetto.
I mean Seattle is a big LOL at calling anything here a ghetto so Portland is just even that much funnier.
There are crummy areas. There is a decent amount of crime in some of those areas. Neither of these cities have actual ghettos though.
I dunno. If you don't consider high crime, high property crime, high assualts and high drug rates ghetto I guess our definitions of ghetto differ. Granted its not public housing high rises with 800+ murders a year but does it have to be to be considered "ghetto"? Anywhere I have a legitimate concern of my house getting broken into(considering I work graveyard and have 3 beautiful women at home alone), the possibility of my daughters getting assualted or worse, I'm avoiding like a plague. I'm also going to look at the schools. The graduation and drop out rate, the reported incidents. Since having kids my whole perspective has changed as far as living situations. When I was single and without kids I could give a fuck less where I lived, now not so much