Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I remember seeing "Hella" way way back... all I remember is being so high and a crazy fucking noise fest with a berserk drummer.

I have been lucky... I also seen a private Mar Volta show. Basically a jam session.

I also some how was one of 50 people to be lucky enough to see Beck and MGMT do a impromptu secret show in El Paso on a Tuesday. By the time word got out, it was already done - and people flooded in, and it was all over.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I remember seeing "Hella" way way back... all I remember is being so high and a crazy fucking noise fest with a berserk drummer.

I have been lucky... I also seen a private Mar Volta show. Basically a jam session.
Odd, I saw Hella and Mars Volta open for A Perfect Circle with nolettuce @nolettuce . Most of the crowd wasn't into either but they were both great that night. Saw Mars Volta two more times, one they were headlining their own tour and the other was at a festival around when Amputechture or whatever came out. The show they headlined, which was for De-loused, is probably a top 10 show for me, it was fucking amazing. The festival one was just awful and ended halfway through them just doing jam improvs for the most part when someone threw a water bottle full of piss at Cedric, the crowd beat up the dude that threw it Cedric's request, then about 5 minutes later Omar's amp blows, he throws his guitar literally through it, and they storm off stage saying "this is what we fucking get for playing at an ancient Indian burial ground" because the venue was on an Indian reservation lol.