franz ferdinand

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
anyone dig these guys? i can't get their newer cd, "you could have it so much better" outta my player right now, they are fuckin dope!

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Death Cab is a great group too. Really laid back music plus Ben Gibbard is an amazing song writer.

If you like Franz Ferdinand (that dancy type rock music) check out Bloc Party if you haven't already. Banquet, Helicopter and She's Hearing Voices are three songs you should listen to for a good feel of their music. Bloc Party puts on a sick live show as well.

Nuttkace

May 16, 2002
tight, ill be sure to check out Bloc party. I love death cab...dude writes some off the hook lyrics ... do u have all of the DCFC albums? ive only got the new one, i wanna know what else to peep...im just gettin into them. on another note, another retro/dance rock group that is pretty dope is called "the bravery"...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah the Bravery is pretty good not my fav. group but still pretty good.

I have all of Death Cabs albums. The new one is really good but not even near their best IMO.

Here is the order in which I like the Death Cab albums:

We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes (Amazing album..their best IMO)
Something About Airplanes
Transalanticism
Plans
The Photo Album

Their EP's are good but pretty rare (except for the one they just released)

All of their albums are really good though. If you like Death Cab you should check out this other Washington group called Pedro the Lion. Somewhat similar in style. They both have amazing singer/song writers.

Ben Gibbard also is the lead singer of The Postal Service if you want to check them out.

Nuttkace

May 16, 2002
Good shit. Im gonna go pick up another death cab today. I have had the postal service for a while now and i never realized that it was the same guy...the postal service is pretty dope too. dude's probably too busy with death cab right now but do u know if there is anything new up with postal service?

Apr 14, 2003
ive heard a lil bit of these cats, pretty good music but they're some queers, for real.
THe bravery is on that video game, MVP Baseball 2005 me and the homie know all the words to that shit lol. Honest mistake!!! haha

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
D'struction said:
ive heard a lil bit of these cats, pretty good music but they're some queers, for real.
Did you read some where they are gay? Or just going by how they dress and look? You do know they are from Europe right? People dress different out there. Just wondering because I have never heard that before.

I was reading in Rolling Stone how the drummer says he loves the groupie women in the US. So I guess atleast he is straight.

Nuttkace

Apr 14, 2003
Nuttkase said:
Did you read some where they are gay? Or just going by how they dress and look? You do know they are from Europe right? People dress different out there. Just wondering because I have never heard that before.

I was reading in Rolling Stone how the drummer says he loves the groupie women in the US. So I guess atleast he is straight.

Nuttkace

I read it or a few people I know were talkin about it, said they were gay or whatever. Heard it from a couple different people so I thought it was true mayne. Im not just doggin on them cause of how they dress.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
D'struction said:
I read it or a few people I know were talkin about it, said they were gay or whatever. Heard it from a couple different people so I thought it was true mayne. Im not just doggin on them cause of how they dress.
It's all good homie. I wasn't trying to say it like you are lying or anything. I just never heard that before.

Either way they make some good music IMO.

Nuttkace

Mar 9, 2005
I haven't heard much Franz Ferdinand myself, but my girlfriend loves his music. I don't think she's heard of Bloc Party or Death Cab - any chance you could post up some of their tracks or PM them to me? Just a few which best display their style, like Nuttkase suggested - Banquet, Helicopter and She's Hearing Voices, something like that. Thanks in advance fellas.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
fari enough. i like ALOT of music that isn't bay area rap. but can't stand this shit. Do you like punk Nuttkase? And where in Washington are you from? Not trying to be to nosy, just curious.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm a huge punk fan. I like all types of rock...alot of different sub genres or whatever you want to call them. I live in downtown Seattle now but I'm from the Lynnwood/Edmonds area...well I'm acctually from NYC but I have lived in Washington since I was little.

Are you from Washington?