Former Pres. Carter: Racism is a factor in Obama's treatment

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/15/carter.obama/index.html

I dont know about it being a major factor, since most issues are split down party lines (well except for public option of health care), but with past elected officials like Strom Thurmond being in office for a long ass time, and knowing the United States history it makes you wonder. I mean from congressmen cheating on their wives, trying to sell senate seats, I definately wouldnt put it past them. The question is how prevalent it is throughout congress, the people WE put into office.

And whats the deal with Steele the RNC chair trying to say its Obama's policy, not race. I mean he didnt even address the issue, just be a puppet for the grande ole party. I would have brought something up like yea no doubt racism is an issue he just dusted it aside cause of the position he is in to speak for the RNC.

Steele - "Characterizing Americans’ disapproval of President Obama’s policies as being based on race is an outrage and a troubling sign about the lengths Democrats will go to disparage all who disagree with them. Playing the race card shows that Democrats are willing to deal from the bottom of the deck. Our political system has no place for this type of rhetoric. "

Feb 5, 2006
At least somebody's got the balls to call it what it is. This is only the beginning of Medusa rearing her ugly head, but hold on to yer seats 'cause we gon' see the other snakes make their presence felt in the next couple of months.