Forgiveness is imperative in order to 'Move On'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 10, 2002
Is it possible to move on when one has been wronged with out being able to truly forgive the wrong dooer?

Does the wrong dooer have to recognize and admit their guilt first to be able to forgive them?

I feel forgiveness must me unconditional in order to 'move on' otherwise we lament, dwell, fester anger, ect. until we are filled with hatered and vengence.

Mar 12, 2005
I feel forgiveness must me unconditional in order to 'move on' otherwise we lament, dwell, fester anger, ect. until we are filled with hatered and vengence
Thou Sayest......

Follow Yeshua HaMashiach
Follow the Word of YHWH

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Is it possible to move on when one has been wronged with out being able to truly forgive the wrong dooer?

Does the wrong dooer have to recognize and admit their guilt first to be able to forgive them?

I feel forgiveness must me unconditional in order to 'move on' otherwise we lament, dwell, fester anger, ect. until we are filled with hatered and vengence.
were you just watching diary of a mad black woman?

Jul 10, 2002
were you just watching diary of a mad black woman?
No, I was reading an interview about a tutsi girl whose family had been killed in the the Rwandan genocide when she was 11yrs old. She went to the give a lecture to 4th graders, and in conclusion to her horrific story she had actually befriended those that mudered her mother. Then when she opened the floor, one of the students 1st response was something along the lines of 'I get it, so you have to be able to forgive in order to move on'

This article follows a piece I heard on the radio almost two weeks ago, when there was an interview with a survivor of the Darfur genocide, and he is in his teens and into music (rap specifically), however, he doesn't preach violence and revenge in his lyrics, he too is riding the path of forgiveness, even as his people continue to be slaughtered. He is perfectaly capable and has every reason to join the 'rebel' army to fight the janjaweed, but he doesn't feel war & violence is the answer (be it during a post civil war genocide/ or rivalary on the streets here in the states).

That is were the motivation of this thread came from.

I am a long time believer that violence begets more violence, which is just as true today as it has ever been.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I'd rather move on and hate than to forgive and let that mfkr think it was ok what they did. Everytime I truly forgave someone, they came back and fucked me again, some of which I thought were my closest friends and would learn from the first time around, but I thought wrong.

You fuck me once, shame on you, but you fuck me again... shame on me. I let this shit happen by fogiving and lettin' a mfkr have another chance, well I've lived and I learned and I'm done w/ all that. You fuck me now, yer done, that's it... fuck off for good, no more second chances.

I do believe in second chances, don't get me wrong, I just know most people don't deserve them.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Forgiveness on a personal level is one thing, but forgiving a government or a group of people for murdering innocent people? That I can never forgive. Oppression of millions of people for over five hundred years, the slaughtering of the Native Americans, these things I can never forgive.

Mar 12, 2005
you can move on without forgiving.

~k.
Depends on how you define moving on. If you still have thoughts of revenge, anger, hatred towards a person that's done bad towards you, that's not moving on. There's a fine line between forgiving and not forgetting, and Not Forgetting and Not forgiving.

Nov 20, 2005
Depends on how you define moving on. If you still have thoughts of revenge, anger, hatred towards a person that's done bad towards you, that's not moving on. There's a fine line between forgiving and not forgetting, and Not Forgetting and Not forgiving.
nope i just put it behind me, realized the effect it had on my life and my behavior, and moved forward.

~k.

Jul 10, 2002
So, JoMoDo, we can expect a new post from you soon stating your forgiveness of the Nazis, the british, hamas, hezbollah, al queda?
If it meant and immediate end to all violence and renouncing any and all ideologies/intentions of wiping us off the map, then yes.

Forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting.