For those with modded 360's

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2006
Did any of you get affected recently???
http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/9839/Microsoft-Performs-Mass-Xbox-Console-Banning.html
Microsoft Performs Mass Xbox Console Banning
Friday, October 30, 2009
Wake up this morning only to find your Xbox Live account has been banned? That’s probably because you had a modded console and were playing illegal, pirated copies of games.

"We have taken action against a small percentage of consoles that have been modified to play pirated game discs," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "In line with our commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox LIVE community, we are suspending these modded consoles from Xbox LIVE."

Though Microsoft wouldn’t confirm specifically when these bannings took place, a quick look over on its official forums suggest it’s been going on over the course of this past week. Plenty of users have created threads on the technical feedback forum reporting of having their Xbox 360 console banned.

Microsoft also added this is a standing policy and isn’t tied to any specific time-frame.

"All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs violates the Xbox LIVE terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE," the spokesperson added. "The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive from manufacturers, retailers, and the third parties that support them."

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
My xbox has been sittin on its shelf with the RROD for a few months now.. Stickin wit P/C gameing for now.. Forgot how much i love to play modded games, and play shit LAG FREE.. I was playing Gears Of War 2 on the p/c and that shit is lag free, runs so smooth, theres no over-powered host n shit.. It plays like the game should've played on the 360.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
My xbox has been sittin on its shelf with the RROD for a few months now.. Stickin wit P/C gameing for now.. Forgot how much i love to play modded games, and play shit LAG FREE.. I was playing Gears Of War 2 on the p/c and that shit is lag free, runs so smooth, theres no over-powered host n shit.. It plays like the game should've played on the 360.
How were you playing Gears of War 2 for the PC?

Jan 5, 2006
I'm up and running. Just got flashed to 1.6 the latest firmware.

I also did the dashboard update.

People need to realize its not the console that gets you banned it's how you burn the game. You run it thru ABGX360 and it will inject the missing files so it will be as if you're playing the retail copy when MS checks.

Jun 12, 2003
I'm up and running. Just got flashed to 1.6 the latest firmware.

I also did the dashboard update.

People need to realize its not the console that gets you banned it's how you burn the game. You run it thru ABGX360 and it will inject the missing files so it will be as if you're playing the retail copy when MS checks.
thas tru i got banned once cuz i got a burnt game off some dude that i never dealt with b4..sure enough i got banned...now i only get games from one person in sj thaT DOES it the right way...some people dont burn them right...

Jan 23, 2006
aint nothing to do with games from what ive been reading, been watchin this closely, its a ban wave. everyone with different firmwares, playing games early or not, installing games , being connected to live or not. its random

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=694798

and this today
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=695238&st=0

As you may have read online, we've been actively banning consoles from Xbox LIVE that have been modified to play pirated games. Our commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox LIVE community remains a top priority. All consumers should know that piracy is illegal, and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs, violates the Xbox LIVE terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE. The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive from manufacturers, retailers, and the third parties that support them. This would also be a good time to remind you that the warranty on an Xbox 360 console is not transferrable and if you purchase a used console that has been previously banned, you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE.

While the 'banhammer' went quiet since last Friday's wave, it looks like Microsoft is banning users again today as reported by users on our forums and IRC.

May 3, 2002
It DOES have to do with the games, it needs to be stealth patched. But yes u are right that playing a game early does make u look like a suspect. Also how many different games u've played.. maxed out/hexed gamer scores. U just gotta be careful with it and not do anything stupid. That or just have extra boxes.

Oct 17, 2007
i just got banned today i think its cuz i bought a burned game from from some dude i dont do bussines with now i got to buy a new console.

Feb 12, 2008
^^^ "you think"??? WTF do you mean you think? Some muthafuckas is straight stupid... to cheap to buy 60 dolla games but then end up having to cop a whole new console... so retarded.

Jan 5, 2006
a bad burned game gets you banned not the firmware itself. If you have knowledge of how burned games work and the MS ban wave system. You shouldnt get banned. Been playing burned games for almost a year now.