FL help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
sytrus is wam bam anyways..... as for the echo.. it could be 1000 different things... it could be an effect... it could be your speakers... narrow it down for us player

pz

Apr 26, 2006
Fuck with the FX tab panel. There should be something in there that allows you to turn off the echo effect.

BTW, I don't know what inasense206 is talking about. Sytrus is a d@mn good sounding synthsizer, it's one of the top FM synthesizers IMO interms of audio quality. It's right there with FM7/8. Just listen to some of the presets, they sound great, loud and clear. I wish I knew how to fuck with it more, it's confusing as hell I think.

Sep 11, 2005
Filthy_Rich said:
you're talking about a Delay. Go to the FX tab in sytrus (top right). you should see a set of smaller tabs labeled "D1, D2, D3" with three lighted boxes nexed to the faders. the bottom box that says "Enable." Make sure that that box is unlighted for all three Delay tabs. this will get rid of the echo. if you just want it to echo less, you can adjust the amount in that big grid of knobs right under the Sytrus logo.

jusst about did it!! thanks again tho to everyone, im still new to FL's

Nov 30, 2002
@BooBoo... its all just a preference... some people i know have completely raped that program using each sound at least once... so it has no appeal to me anymore... i stick with the novation V station, Korg Wavestation, Pro 52.. etc etc. but.. i do use FL as a sequencer because of its user friendliness.. that and im too lazy to learn cubase

pz

Nov 30, 2002
thats not all of them that i use... i have more.. and i dont use them over and over in every beat.. but im not sayin dont use it... im sayin i dont prefer it and i think its no good because the sounds (to me) sound like fruity loops sounds... its whatever.... if you liek it... you like it... if you dont... you dont

pz

Apr 26, 2006
I have all those synths you mentioned also, but it sounds like your basing what you know about Sytrus only on "presets." What you have to do is craft your own sounds, tweak with all the settings. It's all synthesis so you can tweak your own $hit and that Sytrus is tweakable, it's not limited to only those preset sounds you hear. Yeah if you use the same preset patch over and over it's going to get old pretty quick, but you don't have to do that. I do think some of those Sytrus presets sound really amazing though, their really phat sounding. I personally find Sytrus hard to use though, but I sure as hell tweak the crap out of all my other synthesizer VSTi's.

Sep 11, 2005
BOOBOO619 said:
I have all those synths you mentioned also, but it sounds like your basing what you know about Sytrus only on "presets." What you have to do is craft your own sounds, tweak with all the settings. It's all synthesis so you can tweak your own $hit and that Sytrus is tweakables.

yeessssss!