First U.S. SF IV Arcade Machine!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2003
I wish that the D&B around here would get some decent fighting games period. They only have shooter games and sport games. My only hope to see SF4 in the arcade mall down the street. Hopefully they'll get it but I'm not holding my breath

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
u may have some special connection with KI from when u were growing up , as i do to SSF2T . i know cats slightly younger than me with that connection to SF3 . i mean they still play those games in the EVO tournaments , they dont play KI tho . i think thats a testament to its longevity and how well balanced of a game it is compared to other fighters

i rememeber cutting school to hit the laundromat and spend all day playin KI .. my boy would get drunk and do ultra combos rolllin around on the grass outside and shit like tj combo Lol

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
3rd strike is good, but not better than KI Gold. that's on another level.
there is a fluidity to SF games that KI never achived. everything is so robotic and stiff in KI. thats what alwasy turned me off too it,character animation is horrible

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
oh and its my humble opinion that street fighter 3 third strike is the best 2-d game fighter ever made. one of the most balanced fighters ever

Sep 22, 2007
Ok I'll admit that I'm being a bit nostalgic with my choice of game. The KI series was good to me for various reasons. and it is clear that SF is the better series. But a game that gives SF a run for its money is the KOF series. that by all is MY favorite fighting game with no nostalgic memories period. And you can't argue with that logic.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
But a game that gives SF a run for its money is the KOF series. that by all is MY favorite fighting game with no nostalgic memories period. And you can't argue with that logic.
you're right,i cant really argue with that. the KOF series is dope as fuck. probably played kof 2000 and 2001 one just as much as third strike lately

Sep 22, 2007
you're right,i cant really argue with that. the KOF series is dope as fuck. probably played kof 2000 and 2001 one just as much as third strike lately
Exactly. The only time I bring back out my ps2 is when I'm gonna play KOF '94 Re-bout, KOF 2000/2001, KOF 2002/2003 (although I don't really dig KOF 2003's new style as much as 2002) and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, amongst a couple other games.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
I never liked the KOF series.

I really never liked any of the SNK fighting games, to be honest.

I didn't like SF3 that much either, though. By that time I was done with fighting games... I am looking forward to SF4, but not like I was for stuff like MK2 or SSF2.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
GGXXAC or GGXXS = Best 2D fighting game.

Jake, don't get me wrong but how can you possible say that 3rd Strike is one of the most balanced games? It's insanely unbalanced. It's as bad as MvC2. I mean like less than half the cast is even usable at high level. :(
"insanely"? come on now.im not trying to say its prefectly balanced,no fighting game is. with the sytems it has in place (EX,parry,etc) it evens the playing field alot. im not tryin to hold it to the standards that games like GG have but it is still more balanced then most

i watch tons of tourney vids online and honestly see a wide range of character usage as far as i am concerned (some guy won in japan with Q for christs sake).

saying its a bad as MvsC which is the epitome of having broken chars. (viper beam anyone?) is a little much. third strike might be imbalanced but its doesnt have broken chars

i dont disagree with you,there is a slight imbalance,but i wont agree that its to the degree that you seem to think it is. most balance issues were tweaked for console version. the majority of complaints come from arcade versions.