First to hit mainstream?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2009
Of the artists on Strange, which one do you think will hit "mainstream" first?
Id' like to say Tech, but we all know how that shit goes.
I think Kutt has the most "mainstream" potential... I think it'd be easier for him to be heard by the public.
Kaliko has a good chance, if he got on singin' a hook and rappin' in a song for someone.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for Strange goin' mainstream...
Mainstream goin' Strange... yes...
What do ya'll think...

Mar 12, 2006
lol

i dont think any of them will go mainstream..

i think they will continue to have a very loyal underground fanbase though.

im not being negative or ...wishing bad shit upon them

but i just dont think its gonna happen.

go to any blog.....

you can find every nickatina album, messy marv, mistah fab, yukmouth, even fuckin "ya boy" album/mixtape in the world

but you dont ever see kutt calhoun.....

hes been in the game a while.

people just dont recognize shit

Mar 12, 2006
fair enough..

good to hear..

krizz has that sound.... he can do it

lure them in with "a radio hit" and then hit them with The need and shittttt yea

Mar 12, 2006
but we'll see.

im still doubting everything until i see it happen.

i cant continue to be let down by "THIS BEING THE ALBUM THAT WILL INFECT THE WORLD"

Feb 2, 2009
I really think kaliko if anyone would do the mainstream thing. He has the vocals to do something like that.
Right. My problem with that is his whole vitiligo thing. I don't think popular culture would be accepting to it. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, but we all know how people are.

Mar 12, 2006
haha they really are the worlds best kept secret at this point haha....

people know einstein, imma playa, caribou lou

and they think tech n9ne, aka... that group ... is alright

Mar 12, 2006
Right. My problem with that is his whole vitiligo thing. I don't think popular culture would be accepting to it. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, but we all know how people are.
haha man..

nobody would look down on that shit forreal....

its not like OH MY GOD!!!!!!

it actually looks pretty dope around the eyes an shit IMO

May 20, 2006
Krizz KaliKo

T-Pain wouldn't be in the game, if KaliKo wasn't signed to Strange. The dude is the equivalent to a Tech N9ne that can sing. excuse me.....Sang.....

Dec 24, 2008
All 3 got potential.. But its all promotion.

Bunk Rock Bitch could have blown up like "lollipop" did.. Its just all promo and strange refuses to pay for play.. So they gonna get however far they can with internet promo and n8 i guess.

Mar 12, 2006
All 3 got potential.. But its all promotion.

Bunk Rock Bitch could have blown up like "lollipop" did.. Its just all promo and strange refuses to pay for play.. So they gonna get however far they can with internet promo and n8 i guess.
man we talked a while ago about this

but ill just restate for those not in the convo

while i do think promo has alot to do with it...

point blank truth is the shit that these cats are doin is going completely unrecognized by average fucking radio listeners.

they dont know multiple syllable compound rhymes

its just beats to them..... and voice and how g somebody is.

they wouldnt know unique structure if a fucking DJ was screamin it at the beginnin of every track

it makes no difference the actual skill wise of the rapper on the radio. its all about how many times they play the shit and have people think its "cool"

people on this board hear a new tech track, and after the 2nd verse are like DAMNNNNNNNNNN, and we rewind that shit

show it somebody else and they are like "yea, that was cool....."

they dont know anything