Financial Aid for college

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2004
i was woundering.... i just graduated hs and my home income has be 0 cause mom been out of work for the last year and half. so going to school should be free... but im kinda late on fafsa forms and college applications but i filled em out anyways. just took the act's last week and bombed it. my HS counselour has been pushing me on goin to college right after school but i wanna waite take the act's again. im thinking i should go to college fall of 08-07. by then my mom will have a job. will waiting a year after graduating affect my financial aid for college? opposed to going right after school...

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
lol...when u fill out those forms they always use the tax forms from the year b4....so next year they would use this years if i remember correctly...if your a minority most of the time they got specific scholarship offers for your different ethnicitys...so yeah, juz do a search...when i first started college in 02 i was getting some good money from it

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
cbrennan04 said:
i was woundering.... i just graduated hs and my home income has be 0 cause mom been out of work for the last year and half. so going to school should be free... but im kinda late on fafsa forms and college applications but i filled em out anyways. just took the act's last week and bombed it. my HS counselour has been pushing me on goin to college right after school but i wanna waite take the act's again. im thinking i should go to college fall of 08-07. by then my mom will have a job. will waiting a year after graduating affect my financial aid for college? opposed to going right after school...
I dont know about where you live in but in california if you go to a community college, if you got financial aid all you have to pay is 1 dollar for everything. 1dollar for a class and 1 dollar for a book. It doesnt matter when you go to school, you can wait forty years and still get financial aid.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Go to school now, don't wait. ACT/SAT tests don't mean anything. They are a waste of time to study for.

Even if you just now filed your FAFSA, you WILL NOT miss out on Federal Money. It is always available, by law. What you might miss out on is some State money, and even then, you might only miss out on the state money for Fall Quarter.....and later on, they can adjust your package (no homo).

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
There's also a tax credit for college student called the Hope credit. For the first two years of college you can get up to $1650 back. For the first $1100 you get 100% back and the next $1100 you get 50% back ($1100+$550=$1650). You have to have atleast $2200 in taxable income though. If you don't, your mom can claim you and take the credit.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Dirty Shoez said:
ACT/SAT tests don't mean anything. They are a waste of time to study for.
They do mean something, if you want to go to a competitive school then you a good score....

May 15, 2002
I could be wrong, but I think they are only meaningful if you go to university straight from high school. If you go to a community/junior college, then it doesn't matter. I never took either and got into the UC system.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
ReKz said:
They do mean something, if you want to go to a competitive school then you a good score....
Of course.....but dude isn't going to go from bombing to getting a 98th percentile score. It won't happen. He should focus on studying financial aid forms/tax credits/etc and save the other crap for later.

Feb 1, 2006
M BUTCHER 206 said:
fucking them birds huh

dirty shoes once again you have no idea what the fuck youre talking about
actually dirty shoez does know what he's talking about. putting school off will just make you lazy and you should take advantage of time and start now. taking the act or sat when you're going to community college is really just a waste of time. I took them both & even took a prep class & scored higher than alot of people taking AP classes but I'm going to a community college so it was really all pointless. community college isn't expensive to begin with & there are alot of different options available as far as financial aid. which community college are you thinking of attending? They will surely have a financial aid dept & they can help you find out what you qualify for.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I need to get my ass back into school, I have to wait till i can get my residency shit straightened out though. I need to find out what I want to do though