Finally... SouthWestBound- NW Edition

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2005
It's all pay to play, gauranteed. So your saying ya'll chose a bunch of up and coming nobodies, over establised artists in the NW? What was the criteria to make the New Generation cover? Where they really deserving over other new artists or was it based on personal relationships or payment recieved?

Nov 24, 2003
sam5 said:
well put! exactly...so pls "kayln" don't come on a NW forum all happy about ur stupid magazine of nobodies. it's just gonna piss off the NW. politicin' up the wrong tree. and whats hella funny too is ur didn't even know who 2 of the dudes were...lol. comedy all day.

Man you are just making this thread stupid and childish. It is possible to have a difference of opinion without name calliing like we on the bus in second grade.

May 4, 2002
i tried to get that shit to you k but i guess i was late..i had shit to handle in l.a.
hopefully ill grace something in the near future...1

Apr 14, 2003
sam5 said:
well put! exactly...so pls "kayln" don't come on a NW forum all happy about ur stupid magazine of nobodies. it's just gonna piss off the NW. politicin' up the wrong tree. and whats hella funny too is ur didn't even know who 2 of the dudes were...lol. comedy all day.
anyone who WANTED in the mag got in, if they got there shit in on time...didnt yall know that???

Dec 11, 2002
sam5 said:

Whats comedy all day is that you registered on the Sicc just to post in this thread.. Why are you wasting your time (and ours) posting on such a 'stupid' subject?

Dec 11, 2002
SYKO said:
i tried to get that shit to you k but i guess i was late..i had shit to handle in l.a.
hopefully ill grace something in the near future...1

All good Syko... I'll make sure I contact you myself next time...

I'm sure there will be other opportunities.... soon..

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
Jimmy Snuka said:
established artists in the NW
like who?

Sir Mix-A-Lot? that's about as established as the NW has ever got, bro.

let's be real here.. there are a handfull of muhfuckas in the NW makin moves, but none are established. Now, when I say established, I mean selling out shows with more than a 1000+ person-limit consistently, getting regular rotation on radio (nationally), selling over 500,000+ units in retail stores, and having a household name in AMERICA (not from Seattle to Olympia). In the recording industry, that would be ESTABLISHED. Whether Southwest Bound is gettin' paid for their artist slots or not, it doesn't make one artist more "established" than the other. Shit, I seen a bunch of well-known and important figures of the NW mentioned in this issue (i.e. 151, Neema, Cool Nutz, Mr. D.O.G.) so the comments just aren't making sense. We're all in the same muhfuckin' bucket unless you're cool being under underground. wait, maybe I should a few more under's.. All promotion is good promotion, right? Now you know how to get the cover of a small-time magazine biggin' up your region.. good, get on the next one and have a bunch of other muhfuckas tell you why you don't deserve to be on there.

Jul 22, 2005
Cool Nutz, D.O.G., Funk Daddy, Livio, No Good Therapy, Syko, Sonny Bonoho D-Sane and a few others should of been on the cover instead of some unknown cats who broke bread. Point blank, there was no need for a new generation cover, especially when the artists who are laying the framework haven't been recognized. I'm not knockin no one but ya'll are saying everyone who got there shit (payment, pics, and bio) in on time should be represented before artists who actually made a mark for themselves. Ya'll should represent the artists who actually deserve it and if there is space left then add a few new cats. Just cuz they paid for ad space, I don't think they should be on the cover. period.

Apr 14, 2003
Gutterson III said:
like who?

Sir Mix-A-Lot? that's about as established as the NW has ever got, bro.

let's be real here.. there are a handfull of muhfuckas in the NW makin moves, but none are established. Now, when I say established, I mean selling out shows with more than a 1000+ person-limit consistently, getting regular rotation on radio (nationally), selling over 500,000+ units in retail stores, and having a household name in AMERICA (not from Seattle to Olympia). In the recording industry, that would be ESTABLISHED. Whether Southwest Bound is gettin' paid for their artist slots or not, it doesn't make one artist more "established" than the other. Shit, I seen a bunch of well-known and important figures of the NW mentioned in this issue (i.e. 151, Neema, Cool Nutz, Mr. D.O.G.) so the comments just aren't making sense. We're all in the same muhfuckin' bucket unless you're cool being under underground. wait, maybe I should a few more under's.. All promotion is good promotion, right? Now you know how to get the cover of a small-time magazine biggin' up your region.. good, get on the next one and have a bunch of other muhfuckas tell you why you don't deserve to be on there.

We're gettin there dogg....Cats in the NW are finally doin shit that I've never seen happen around here before...

Dec 11, 2002
Jimmy Snuka said:
Cool Nutz, D.O.G., Funk Daddy, Livio, No Good Therapy, Syko, Sonny Bonoho D-Sane and a few others should of been on the cover instead of some unknown cats who broke bread. Point blank, there was no need for a new generation cover, especially when the artists who are laying the framework haven't been recognized. I'm not knockin no one but ya'll are saying everyone who got there shit (payment, pics, and bio) in on time should be represented before artists who actually made a mark for themselves. Ya'll should represent the artists who actually deserve it and if there is space left then add a few new cats. Just cuz they paid for ad space, I don't think they should be on the cover. period.

And again. Thank you for your opinion.

Feb 23, 2006
Hmmm this thread is interesting. People complain over and over again how the Noth West gets No love...and when they try to do something for the NW all they hear are more complaints.
THe new generation cover...i think is coo. I"m glad to see that they made one of the covers. I seen a few of those dudes at a show in Seattle. Neema was off the hook!!! Grynch was also tight. If you haven't heard their music...why judge? I got Neema's cd and listen to it all the time. Liked grynch so much at the show we copped one of his cds. They all got myspace's so you can sample it out. As for the orignals out of the NW...why do we gotta keep goin back?? Bring up something fresh and new.
Everyone keeps saying syko, cool nutz, D.O.G...she said she contacted them..what else are they suppose to do? Keep calling them and beg them to be on the cover? You can only do so much...I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here not to long ago askin who people would like to see on the cover....

Kalyn Keep up the good work. Don't let any of these dudes try to put you down.

Nov 30, 2002
i see what everyone is saying... i see how kalyn did her part to get as many NW artists as possible.. and i also see the other side about how not as many artists were represented as there should be...

i aint sayin the magazine is a bad thing... its good for sure... giving some exposure.. but at the same time... i havent even heard of some of the cats on there... soprano? who is he? where is he from? etc. etc. and there are some people on there who havent hustled as much as other artists... so i can see how some of the NW figures are feeling left out or however the hell you want to put it... BUT i dont know how the contacting went down on this... so im not gonna speak on it... all im gonna say is that its good that there is a NW edition being put out... but i dont think it represents the NW completely.. but i think it will give more of an inside view

pz

I'm not knockin' tha New Generation idea, it'z not a bad thing at all. But I will say that I'm avid when it comez to NW Rap/Hip-Hop and listen to as much as I can. And most of tha rapperz on that cover I'm not familure with, I know UA, Gynch, but tha rest? I'm not gonna put money on it, but how many of those New Generation rapperz have albumz out besidez Gynch, Neema and Speedy? I'm guessin' none besidez them. IMHO there should only be rapperz with albumz out on tha cover. It just seemz to me that they all run with UA/Undercaste, so they got to be on there. I'm not hatin', but thatz what it lookz like. We should all be on here discussin' this mag though, not bashin' Kalyn. She is tryin' her hardest to make this a good thing and I respect her for it. I will moff-defnelly buy one, if not a few of em'. I'm sure tha inside will be great. I just had to put my -2 centz in.

Dec 11, 2002
McBoss Status said:
I'm not knockin' tha New Generation idea, it'z not a bad thing at all. But I will say that I'm avid when it comez to NW Rap/Hip-Hop and listen to as much as I can. And most of tha rapperz on that cover I'm not familure with, I know UA, Gynch, but tha rest? I'm not gonna put money on it, but how many of those New Generation rapperz have albumz out besidez Gynch, Neema and Speedy? I'm guessin' none besidez them. IMHO there should only be rapperz with albumz out on tha cover. It just seemz to me that they all run with UA/Undercaste, so they got to be on there. I'm not hatin', but thatz what it lookz like. We should all be on here discussin' this mag though, not bashin' Kalyn. She is tryin' her hardest to make this a good thing and I respect her for it. I will moff-defnelly buy one, if not a few of em'. I'm sure tha inside will be great. I just had to put my -2 centz in.

I appreciate your contribution to the topic McBoss and I thank you for the props... but one thing I do want to add-- there is so much more the NW scene than the "rapper" (not to knock my folks..) but its the business behind the artist that makes them successful... its not going to be one single person that climbs his/her way to the top-- its gonna be those with a solid foundation... literally a camp of folks.. and IMO thats what the New Generation cover represents..

Dec 11, 2002
inasense206 said:
but i dont think it represents the NW completely..

... and its not meant to... the mag will simply shine a light in this direction.. whats wrong with a lil added shine..?

.. and how does the saying go..? "You can lead a horse to water... "

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
What some of you are failing to realize,is some of these New Gen guys are doin tons of shows,and not just huffin and puffin on the internet.These are kats doin footwork on the streets,not on the net.There doin shows week in and week out around the NW.There CEO's are talkin to factors in the Bay,and have money.Their not saving money to drop 500 cd's whenever they get the bread,the money is there...but their droppin mixtapes,and carpooling to shows in the Tri-Cities,and Spokane...and settin up long term.They might be fresh faces to you,but head out to Chop Suey,and other venues...these kats are grindin,HOPING to become NW factors.Sure there's more household names,but 1 album every 5 years ain't cuttin it.