FEATURES?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2004
www.soundclick.com
I WAS HAVING A CONVO WIT DISS CAT ABOUT FEATURES, AND HE WAS TELLIN ME THAT IN ORDER TO HAVE BAYAREA LOVE I NEED TO PAY FOR FEATURES FROM BAY AREA TALENT. NOW I DO NOT AGREE BUT IT GOT ME THINKIN, IS THAT WHY I SEE ALOT OF CMPS WIT THE SAME ARTIST ON THEM AND IS THE ONE PUTTING TOGETHER THE COMP PAYING OR JUST SWAPPIN TALENT FOR TALENT? I FEEL THAT YOU CAN HAVE A RESPECTED ALBUM WITHOUT PAYIN NIGGAS TO BE ALL ON IT......... WHAT CHA THINK?

Sep 23, 2003
I aint got no big names on mine?? I only wanted up and coming rappers like myself if anything.....The only type of features I would get out of yay rappers would be like jack/huss, yuk, 40, quin, and c-bo. Not dissin anyone else but those would be my pics. First off I can't aford all that, second I felt that if you get all that kinds features you won't be as respected on the solo tip, just how you made some tight feature songs with tight ass rappers.

Check out some cuts off the album and let me know what ya think
www.soundclick.com/tonycashandyoungzae

Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
I won't pay shyt, the way I look at it.......................................
...."I'ma pay YOU, to get on MY shyt".....yeah okay!..........plus
I'm tryin to put food in my kids belly's not take from them.......

another way I think is....I will NOT charge another artist in this game to spit a 16 bar verse on they shyt....why?....Its an honor for a fool to say "get down on a track with me!..........payment in itself.........that's just my opinion on this.................

NOT ONLY THAT THOUGH I'ma support any bay artist period!

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
People can knock features all they want, but the thing is...

Gone are the days of consumers buying anything from the Bay on GP. In '93, '94, '95, etc.. you could count on those sales regardless of if it was your debut album with no special guests on it.

These days people are not walking into record stores and snatching up anything just 'cause it's from the Bay. Album from Unknown Rapper #1 with no features vs. Album from Unknown Rapper #2 with features from recognizable and proven names. Which way do you think the majority of consumers will go? Once an artist is established and has a fan base the features become less needed if not completely unnecessary, but until then you can benefit from them.

But, with the consumer not knowing who you are and never having heard your music, what is gonna make them buy your album?

Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
Everyone will have there opinion on not only this topic but any topic. I see the point in features, I do! I myself have features on my album "The Spirit Of Pain." In no way shape or form an I knockin features..........Above is just my own opinion, not knockin nothin

Soldier Hard........................OUT!