favorite san quinn cd?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2003
probably explosive mode with mess. i like all of em, i'm really feelin i give u my word. here's my order

explosive mode
i give u my word/hustle continues
live n direct
mighty quinn
457 is the code
sf giants
don't cross me

Feb 19, 2003
1. LIVE-N-DIRECT
2. THE HUSTLE CONTINUES
3. I GIVE YOU MY WORD
4. REPOSSESSIONS
5. 4-5-7 IS THE CODE
6. THE MIGHTY QUINN
7. DON'T CROSS ME (it's not at all wack, but Quinn himself told MURDER DOG that it was more like a demo than a real album per se).

That's the way I'd rate them right now, but it's possible that I GIVE YOU MY WORD could overtake THE HUSTLE CONTINUES the more I listen to the two CDs in the future...don't get wrong, HUSTLE is a classic guaranteed, but like someone on BART pointed out, some of the production on that CD is very much of its' time and feels a tiny bit dated nowadays. Also, I think Quinn covered a wider range of topics on I GIVE YOU MY WORD. But the first three CDs in my list would be the ones that I would recommend as first choices for those being introduced to Quinn.

PEACE!

Apr 8, 2004
sav-man said:
1. LIVE-N-DIRECT
2. THE HUSTLE CONTINUES
3. I GIVE YOU MY WORD
4. REPOSSESSIONS
5. 4-5-7 IS THE CODE
6. THE MIGHTY QUINN
7. DON'T CROSS ME (it's not at all wack, but Quinn himself told MURDER DOG that it was more like a demo than a real album per se).

That's the way I'd rate them right now, but it's possible that I GIVE YOU MY WORD could overtake THE HUSTLE CONTINUES the more I listen to the two CDs in the future...don't get wrong, HUSTLE is a classic guaranteed, but like someone on BART pointed out, some of the production on that CD is very much of its' time and feels a tiny bit dated nowadays. Also, I think Quinn covered a wider range of topics on I GIVE YOU MY WORD. But the first three CDs in my list would be the ones that I would recommend as first choices for those being introduced to Quinn.

PEACE!
What year did #1,2,& 4 come out?

D

Downunda-Connec

I got to get the new Quinn next time I place an order so I can't say but Hustle continues is probably my favourite followed closely by Mighty Quinn.

Didn't really get into Repossesions because I had 3/4 of it. That Sanfransisco Giants shit is cool too, just needed another 2 tracks to be put up there near Mighty Quinn and Hustle Continues.

May 23, 2004
TAKE IT FROM YO FILLMOE COUZIN............ EVERYTHANG QWINN DROP BEEN RIGHTEOUS, BUT WHEN HE GAVE US "THE HUSTLE CONTINUES", IT WAZ CRACKIN' IN THE CITY, MAYNE!! DON'T CROSS ME IZ A FRISCO CLASSIC, BUT I AIN'T HEARD "I GIVE YOU MY WORD" YET... I'M ALREADY KNOWIN' IT'S FINNA BE THE MAINIEST EVER.... 94115....

May 29, 2002
this is the list

explosive mode
I give you my word
hustle continues
live n direct
reposessions
457 is the code
mighty quinn
dont cross me

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
1-Live And Direct
2-Explolsive Mode
3-I Give you My Word

I havn't heard em all but I wasn't really feelin The Mighty Quinn when I heard it And Don't Cross Me was too old school for me besides "Spot In The Shade" which was a pretty cool song

Feb 19, 2003
N.Ill-state said:
So is it safe to grab any of these Quinn cds?
Not sure what you mean by "safe"...if you're talking in terms of quality, yeah, all three of them are well worth copping, IMHO. The production on THE HUSTLE CONTINUES occasionally sounds a tad dated, but that's just my opinion. Other folks I know like it better than LIVE-N-DIRECT. But really, I don't think you can lose w/ any of those three CDs...

PEACE!