Favorite fighting game (all time)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Also, there was some special character that comes out to visit Ryu if you beat SF2 without getting hit a single time all the way through M. Bison. I've never seen it personally but saw it in a game mag back when the game came out

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
Also, there was some special character that comes out to visit Ryu if you beat SF2 without getting hit a single time all the way through M. Bison. I've never seen it personally but saw it in a game mag back when the game came out
Don't remember where Akuma made his first appearance, but he was a secret character in one of those S.F.II'S.

Props: Coach E. No
Apr 20, 2005
Has anyone never seen the "handcuffs" or "air throw" using Guile on SF2? I grew up across the street from an arcade for like 5 years and they got that game as soon as it came out. Apparently it wasn't that common that people even knew about that.
i remember people trying to do it but i never seen done.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
With Guile (and to my knowledge, it only works on the original arcade SF2) you need to be right next to someone so it helps if they are in the dazed mode with stars over their head. Crouch down like you're going to do the flash kick then quickly press up on the joystick but also press medium punch and kick in that order quickly. Guile will do what looks like a throw for a second, then you are stuck together with the other person. It's totally pointless really because you can't hit them while they are stuck to you. The only way out is to do in the air throw. If you can't do that before the time runs out, you literally have to reset the whole damn game.

Air throw can be done at any time and will knock the person down even if they are all the way across the screen, it's also pretty hard to do though. Hold back on the joystick then forward then back again then press fierce punch and kick at the same time.

Last edited:
Props: MRTHECOSE
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
i remember reading about this game in EGM and was excited for it. The combo system the blood the graphics for (snes anyway) all that. But that year it came out i got PS1 and snes just fell off the radar. I did check toys r us and other places for the game later on in the year but no dice. i figured it never dropped. I always wanted that game. Never thought id get to own it.

Just copped on Ebay 2-3 minutes ago after watching the video .

Thanks for the reminder. The future kicks ass!!!

since we're pulling obscure fighting game out of the cuts, who remembers Weaponlord? i was amped for it, but quickly gave up due to my 12-year old self not knowing how the hell to pull off all those complicated ass combos lol

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I don't know what the point would be in doing it during a tournament other than trying to be cool. That air throw thing could be the coolest move ever since you could do it without even being close to the opponent but it's way harder to do than it sounds. It's damn near impossible to do it twice in a row.

Props: Count_Slapula