Fantastic Mr. Fox

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Screened this a few nights ago for a sneak we had and it was great. Even if you aren't a fan of Wes Anderson's movies (I love his stuff personally though) I think most of you will enjoy this flick.

It's PG but I wouldn't say it's really aimed at kids although older ones would probably enjoy it as well. I thought it was fucking hilarious and one of the best movies I've seen so far this year, animated or not.

The stop motion animation in this movie is amazing and it's also nice to have a great animated movie with no fucking CGI for once too.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The Darjeeling Limited, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Rushmore are my favorites by him. Including Fantastic Mr. Fox (his first animated movie) he only has six movies total and I think they are all great personally. The other two are Bottle Rocket (his first movie) and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. While all of his movies are about very different subjects, characters, etc they all have the same underlying feel to them. Most people I know love his stuff but chances are if you don't like one of his movies you aren't going to like the rest minus maybe Fantastic Mr. Fox because it's really different then anything he has done before.

Yeah, they would probably enjoy it. There is a lot of adult humor (of the PG kind) but a lot of stuff that kids would find funny too and I'm sure how the film looks would keep any kids interest.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't like Wes Anderson movies & don't like stop motion animation (though I appreciate the art and skill it takes to do).

I probably won't ever watch this movie.

May 9, 2002
Are you a fan of Wes Anderson movies in general? Just curious.

Let us know what you think after you see it.

I'm going to watch it again on Monday or Tuesday on my day off.
Yeah Rushmore is one of my top 10 movies ever. I am also a fan of Jason Schwartzman as well, though.

I haven't see the Dajeerling Limited yet (i know...WTF?), liked Life Aquatic and was so-so on the Royal Tenenbaums. I have never seen Bottle Rocket.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I am such a fan of this movie that I'd pay to see it more than once.

Anyone else notice the costume one of the kids in the hideaway was wearing was a skeleton costume, and the mask looked strikingly similar to Jack Skellington?

"If I think what is happening is happening, it better not be."

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
my son said he wanted to see it. I wanna see it too. but I wanna be loaded. at least he doesn't wanna see alice in wonderland cuz it's "too scary", I'mma be hella loaded watching that shit!