FADES & 1 ON 1's Round 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
This is why I am not a fan of bjj you never really fight just one person. While you have one dude in some kind of lock his friends be stomping on your head in the same time.
Too bad nobody knocked those females out though, they deserved to get stomped too imo.

it's comedy though

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
This is why I am not a fan of bjj you never really fight just one person. While you have one dude in some kind of lock his friends be stomping on your head in the same time.
Too bad nobody knocked those females out though, they deserved to get stomped too imo.

it's comedy though

To be fair, I don't care what martial art you know... if you going to get jumped, odds are your getting your ass beat.

Tournament BJJ does not = street fight. Most BJJ when regards to self defense talks more about how to get the attacker off you, and angle your body from hard hitting punches, so you can get up and run away. No way your throwing up triangles in pavement.

May 14, 2002
To be fair, I don't care what martial art you know... if you going to get jumped, odds are your getting your ass beat.
That is very true. Although ideally you would've thrown some punches before you get jumped.... ideally.. but once you get jumped yes chances are highly likely you get your ass handed to you.

Tournament BJJ does not = street fight. Most BJJ when regards to self defense talks more about how to get the attacker off you, and angle your body from hard hitting punches, so you can get up and run away. No way your throwing up triangles in pavement.

I never heard people say that about bjj most people I've heard talking about bjj say different though... "most fights end on the ground so you better learn some ground fighting" which is true if the fight is one on one but most aren't, hence my comment earlier.
I do appreciate it in tournament and mma setting though or in the off chance the fight is actually one on one and one of them is a good bjj player, it's very technical were skill weighs more then size.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I never heard people say that about bjj most people I've heard talking about bjj say different though... "most fights end on the ground so you better learn some ground fighting"
I think the essence of BJJ is getting yourself out of a shitty position - into a dominant one. Whether your reversing the pin, or escaping to stand up. So yea, it helps knowing grappling in a fight, but that doesn't mean you need to keep it there. Also knowing striking never hurts, those are the most scary fighters, ones that can out strike, and grapple you.

Im typing this, with a hyperextended elbow, from a asshole cranking an arm bar btw lol

Last edited:
May 14, 2002
I think the essence of BJJ is getting yourself out of a shitty position - into a dominant one. Whether your reversing the pin, or escaping to stand up. So yea, it helps knowing grappling in a fight, but that doesn't mean you need to keep it there. Also knowing striking never hurts, those are the most scary fighters, ones that can out strike, and grapple you.

There is not one style that is 'magic' or works 100% all the time there are several answers and counters to everything for every style, even mixing styles has disadvantages. One very important thing is that we enjoy ourselves with the training though.

Im typing this, with a hyperextended elbow, from a asshole cranking an arm bar btw lol

Get your rest breh and hopefully as soon as you are healed you can return the favour!

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
^ lol @ the smaller kid title. Dude is huge for his size. Anyway, good that he stopped after he knocked him out and didn't follow up with unnecessary punches. Fair play by him

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ba1_1446294752]LiveLeak.com - Country boy fight slow mo KO.[/ame]

GODDAMN!!! LMAO! I have tears coming down right now.

Why the fuck was his head moving like that after the first hit? He turned into a bobble head. And the slow mo at the end, lol.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)