Extended Jobless Benefits Will Pass House

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2006
They just voted after two hours of debate in the House to pay retroactive unemployment extentions. 30 Republicans walked across the aisle, 10 Dems so far. They have to count about 30 more votes but the bill already passed 258/146. Checks should be out earlynext week for CA. To help with rent/mortage, food, utilities , and to look for a job. Pres should sign today or Friday.

Apr 21, 2006
The length of time has not been extended. Those that have reached 99 weeks are done. The four extentions are back going. No more $25 a week stimulus payment or Cobra health insurance. For millions they can pay for basics.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I was watching good morning america or some shit and they said they were going to extended the 99 weeks...?

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
ok so around 3 million unemployed will be getting payments again, at a cost of around 34 billion. This is a good thing, but I guess the question is how is it being paid for?

Apr 25, 2002
how is it being paid for?
Unemployment insurance is a federal-state program jointly financed through federal and state employer payroll taxes (federal and state UI taxes). Generally, employers must pay both state and federal unemployment taxes if:

(1) they pay wages to employees totaling $1,500 or more in any quarter of a calendar year; or,

(2) they had at least one employee during any day of a week during 20 weeks in a calendar year, regardless of whether the weeks were consecutive. However, some state laws differ from the federal law.

To facilitate this program, the U.S. Congress passed the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA), which authorizes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to collect an annual federal employer tax used to fund state workforce agencies. FUTA covers the costs of administering the Unemployment Insurance and Job Service programs in all states. In addition, FUTA pays one-half of the cost of extended unemployment benefits (during periods of high unemployment) and provides for a fund from which states may borrow, if necessary, to pay benefits. As originally established, the states paid the federal government.

The FUTA tax rate was originally three percent of taxable wages collected from employers who employed at least four employees, and employers could deduct up to 90 percent of the amount due if they paid taxes to a state to support a system of unemployment insurance which met Federal standards, but the rules have changed as follows. The FUTA tax rate is now 6.2 percent of taxable wages of employees who meet both the above and following criteria,[ and the taxable wage base is the first $7,000 paid in wages to each employee during a calendar year[. Employers who pay the state unemployment tax on a timely basis receive an offset credit of up to 5.4 percent regardless of the rate of tax they pay their state. Therefore, the net FUTA tax rate is generally 0.8 percent (6.2 percent - 5.4 percent), for a maximum FUTA tax of $56.00 per employee, per year (.008 X $7,000 = $56.00). State law determines individual state unemployment insurance tax rates. In the United States, unemployment insurance tax rates use experience rating.[

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
and they cut off more than just people who 'lost their benefits'

they cut everyone off of unemployment who ran out no matter what 'tier' youre on

meaning they cut off people who hadnt got extended the first time, people who were on their first extention, people on their second, third, fourth, and they cut off peopel on fed ed

so thats ALOT of peopel who cut off of unemployment because of that shit not passing the first time

i havent got a UI check in 4 weeks because my shit ran out of the first extention tier during them voting on this so they froze about 600,000 peoples checks because it was in the middle of going into different tiers...im glad i dont have kids and my cars paid off..shit put me in arough situaiton..i know about 10 people who aint gettin no money comin in right now...people who lost they houses and all types of shit because of the checks being froze....but on the upside im looking for a (legal) job now >:|

shit thats why i got my last job...my weed smoking was being threatened and i did not like that

apparently theres 2.3 million new jobs and the dow is up...but aint none of them jobs in cali, theyre in texas and shit...

Apr 21, 2006
I know Gas and I have kids!!! Twins! I haven't gotten a check in a month. I was on my first extension. I go back to work in August so I would have used 35 weeks of unemployment until I'm back in the job force getting people jobs! That was some political bullshit! Whose going to pay for it? I paid for it, worked over a deacade paying taxes without ever getting any government assistance. I didn't tell those fucks to send my tax dollars to Iraq. Or bail out banks who were doing illegal shit. My income bracket never felt a tax cut by Bush. That one trillion the top 1% saved. Now they're gonna pay for it, we went to war to safe guard the riches oil investments. Now when the grandfather clause runs out on bushes tax cuts the deficit will be slashed.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
I know Gas and I have kids!!! Twins! I haven't gotten a check in a month. I was on my first extension. I go back to work in August so I would have used 35 weeks of unemployment until I'm back in the job force getting people jobs! That was some political bullshit! Whose going to pay for it? I paid for it, worked over a deacade paying taxes without ever getting any government assistance. I didn't tell those fucks to send my tax dollars to Iraq. Or bail out banks who were doing illegal shit. My income bracket never felt a tax cut by Bush. That one trillion the top 1% saved. Now they're gonna pay for it, we went to war to safe guard the riches oil investments. Now when the grandfather clause runs out on bushes tax cuts the deficit will be slashed.
im not a political person whatsoever....my old weed dealer stopped selling me weed because i refused to go to the polls and vote for obama (i knew he was gonna win anyway.) ...but this shit actually sparked my interest in being a active person in whats going on in congress/etc...this is really, honestly the first time in my entire life i have been affected by a specific law in which i could see the consequences immediately..i was always like 'laws and bills dont effect my day to day life"..so from now on i think imma be paying attention to whats going on.....

i wish i had of braced for this....i had a gang of extra money and blew it when i got out of my probation class shit...i was expecting them checks to come in so i was straight..money in the closet....now im back to square one..

Aug 18, 2009
there could be a few reasons... but from what I see in Cali is people are turning down jobs cause they could make more $ on unemployment than what some of these companies are willing to pay.
That's my reason.

What the fuck Ima do. Dish wash, burger king or janitor. Graduated high school, but that don't mean shit no more, about as same as not graduating. Went to some college but fucked it off.

you got to be stupid to bust your ass and get yelled at all day for less than what your making unemployed, at home chillin on the siccness forums.

Aug 18, 2009
They just voted after two hours of debate in the House to pay retroactive unemployment extentions. 30 Republicans walked across the aisle, 10 Dems so far. They have to count about 30 more votes but the bill already passed 258/146. Checks should be out earlynext week for CA. To help with rent/mortage, food, utilities , and to look for a job. Pres should sign today or Friday.
This means more money for unemployed or not? I can't read and understand politics.

Jan 18, 2006
what's the max u can make per week on unemployment these days? Its the ones that chosen to stay on umployment for over a year that have fucked it off for everyone. My boy was a warehouse manager got laid off and thinks he will find a job for 20 an hour, he just had a kid 7 months ago and chooses to stay on unemployment and is getting raped in car payments. I think folks are just lazy who been on umployment for hella long. I don't make that much right now but i have a 401k, medical and dental with no premium and will have a pension in 2 more years, not that much but I will take it

Gas One

May 24, 2006
it depends on what you made

i see nothing wrong with unemployment....its not like you get it if youre fired..the people who get it lost their jobs, it wasnt their fault...trust me if i could be back at work making 17 dollars sitting on siccness i would.beyond it helping the economy (the people who have unemployment, spend it) to me its a question of morals...do we need a bunch of people who lost their jobs going hard in the streets, robbing people to eat?

should i really have to sell drugs and risk my freedom to eat?

the problem with them cutting off unemployment how they did is there was no prior warning of this happening. so the people who thought they had checks coming in, all the sudden didnt....i dont think that shits right...to me it would be different if they said aiight we gon vote on this in a month, be ready for that. but everyone got cut off. losing your job is bad enough but losing unemployment cuts deeper...

NOW OF COURSE i could suck up my pride, go work for mcdonalds and call it a day...go get a temp job....in that sense i may be lazy....but im not gonna go to 17 dollars to 7 dollars because of that.....i cant live on it...i honestly cant even live on unemplyment, that just helps along with hustling.

so shit until i get back on my feet and find a new job....its needed...i was never on welfare...but i had bills to pay and shit got real....its not worth me being homeless

been 4 weeks and ive gone hard looking for a job, i actually have a good resume filled with government jobs and cash handling...no call backs....i hear its 7 people for every job position available fighting for it

which aint bad i mean i can get picked outta 7 people, but even getting to that point is seeming to be alot harder...

i got my last job in a week of looking...honestly i been about 3 applications a day at the minimum for the last 2 1/2 weeks and i still aint heard shit..all bad