Ex Gamestop Employee Airs 'Em Out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I've reserved a game, forgot about it, and went back a month later and picked up my $5.. Dude even said i had 48hours to pick up the game, if i dont pick it up by then then they'll sale the game to someone else and hold tha $5 until i come claim it.
thats how it is i worked at gamecrazy and i had to call everyone who had money in our system for past reserves.. 1 guy never picked up and has 2oo bucks worth of reserves. and we could do nothin about it...

Nov 14, 2002
To be honest, I think GAmestop pays a decent price for their trade-ins anyhow. You can claim that they're ripping customers off as much as you want, but I don't know anybody that's going to give me at least 15 bucks for my used games so what does this guy suggest I do with games that aren't going to be played any longer?

Trade them online? Really? Come on.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
It would have been nice to pay attention to and read the animation, but that guy was speaking way too fast that everytime I tried to read something on there I would lose track of what he was saying. So I just listened. I don't see the point of paying $55 for a used game and then a brand new one is $60. $5 is not worth the time and chance you are taking. That $5 you save you'll just spend on gas on repetitive trips back to the store to return the defective copies. Besides, if I buy any kind of media (CDs, DVDs, or video games) I check half.com first.

Nov 14, 2002
There is a perfectly good reason to NOT spend the extra 5 bucks on a new game. You can go back in a week with your used game and get your money back if it sucks. If you bought it new you can only trade it in for half the price. I have NEVER purchased a used game from Gamestop that didn't work

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
There is a perfectly good reason to NOT spend the extra 5 bucks on a new game. You can go back in a week with your used game and get your money back if it sucks. If you bought it new you can only trade it in for half the price. I have NEVER purchased a used game from Gamestop that didn't work
Exactly, I think of all the games I own the only ones I got new was GTA4 and Rainbow2.

Gotta be careful though if you return alot of stuff since they ask for your name, cause do it too much, they'll start issuing you store credit instead of cash back. That's why I buy from one store...dont like..return it to another store where they dont know me with an alias. lol I just have to remember to make sure I didnt pay for it via credit card with my name on receipt. haha.

Like Zero said...never had a defective game..it only takes a second to look at the disc at the store before they put it in the jacket. I alway asks to look at it to make sure it's not beat up.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
call gamestop and ask if battletoads is gonna drop soon

_

Rebirth of an old meme
Chicks dig the Battletoads! Preorder your copy today!

“
STOP CALLING MY FUCKING STORE
„

—Random GameStop Employee

Suddenly, on the 12th, 13th and 14th of November 2008 2007, Anonymous decided to prank call Gamestop, asking for Battletoads preorders. /b/lackup was formed in the name of the lulz and lots of prank calls were made. Moar than 40 GameStop stores were targeted, some stores received calls all day. At first, some stores were friendly and explained that they don't have it. After a few hours they got really pissed. Some employees called Anon very bad things, things you can't say on Faux News. Other employees thought this was funny, and joked about Battletoads.

A few weeks after the beginning of the raid, according to Anonymous spies, a Gamestop conference call announced that all Battletoads calls should be handled politely. 4chan was also mentioned. /b/tards were called "a hazardous group of people on the internet" and theorized to be attempting to take over gamestop.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
call gamestop and ask if battletoads is gonna drop soon

_

Rebirth of an old meme

STOP CALLING MY FUCKING STORE

—Random GameStop Employee

Suddenly, on the 12th, 13th and 14th of November 2008 2007, Anonymous decided to prank call Gamestop, asking for Battletoads preorders. /b/lackup was formed in the name of the lulz and lots of prank calls were made. Moar than 40 GameStop stores were targeted, some stores received calls all day. At first, some stores were friendly and explained that they don't have it. After a few hours they got really pissed. Some employees called Anon very bad things, things you can't say on Faux News. Other employees thought this was funny, and joked about Battletoads.

A few weeks after the beginning of the raid, according to Anonymous spies, a Gamestop conference call announced that all Battletoads calls should be handled politely. 4chan was also mentioned. /b/tards were called "a hazardous group of people on the internet" and theorized to be attempting to take over gamestop.
I've seen people joking about Battletoads on other forums, but Im not geeky enough to understand the joke...enlighten me.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
apparently a meme started just like above somthin like a kid was askin in the vg forum like 'IS THIS BATTLETOADS?' wit a screenshot.. and everyone clowned him and used that as the go to response anytime someone ask for a code or info on a game etc..
then it came about that niggas was sayin that it was comin out on xbox and ps3 and you should preorder the game cuz chicks dig it.. so /b/ took it the next step and started callin to preorder the game.
so call and preorder your copy of battletoads today
heres the new wii commercial.