Ex Gamestop Employee Airs 'Em Out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
damn that guys speed talking was fuckin annoying, hard to keep up with what the hell he was saying. anyway thats why i just buy shit new from there, i dont care if i save 5 bucks if im gonna have a messed up game its cuz i messed it up.

also the reserve thing the guy mentions at the end, their secret is, when someone reserves a game whether paying partial or full price, alot of customers completely forget they reserved it and come in and buy a copy with new money on release date....and the employees dont tell them about the reserve in the system or that they can use the credit on the reserve for a different game. they dont even call the customer to let them know about this they and end up getting a shit load of free money cause of forgotten reserves.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
thats not they fault u forgot u reserved it
if u referring to me personally I'm not speaking from experience, I only reserve big games I know will be hard to get on released day and put like 5 bucks down. Still pretty shady that they don't return money for unclaimed reserves.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
im to fucked up to listen to it all but its common sense but thanks for it because alot of people didnt know this. they SCAMMERS!

May 19, 2005
good stuff.now i know wny the lil nerd behind the counter is pouting and tryin so hard to reserve a copy cause therell be no way of getting the game if i dont reserve it.im gonna go fuck with these kids now

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
I walked into GameStop one day and saw a shitload of cheap movies for sale. I think it was like 3 for $10 or some shit. Anyway, I got home, played one of 'em w/ no problems. A couple weeks later, I tried to play the other one that I bought from them. The fucker didn't work. I was pissed because I couldn't return it for another copy since it had been past the "week-long" return policy or sum bullshit. Then, a couple months later, I tried to watch American Pie, which I had got from them, but never played. I put it in my X-Box, and heard only shitty audio/music. WTF is this? I ejected the disc and played it again. The same thing happened. Ok, so I finally looked @ the "Dvd" to see if there were any weird scratches or anything. Then, to my astonishment, I found out that these motherfucks sold me a copy of the American Pie soundtrack instead of the actual movie. They've gotten over on me b4, but that was just the last straw. Fuck them and GameCrazy.

Sep 22, 2007
I walked into GameStop one day and saw a shitload of cheap movies for sale. I think it was like 3 for $10 or some shit. Anyway, I got home, played one of 'em w/ no problems. A couple weeks later, I tried to play the other one that I bought from them. The fucker didn't work. I was pissed because I couldn't return it for another copy since it had been past the "week-long" return policy or sum bullshit. Then, a couple months later, I tried to watch American Pie, which I had got from them, but never played. I put it in my X-Box, and heard only shitty audio/music. WTF is this? I ejected the disc and played it again. The same thing happened. Ok, so I finally looked @ the "Dvd" to see if there were any weird scratches or anything. Then, to my astonishment, I found out that these motherfucks sold me a copy of the American Pie soundtrack instead of the actual movie. They've gotten over on me b4, but that was just the last straw. Fuck them and GameCrazy.
lol owned.

May 4, 2002
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA thats hella funny, every time i buy a used game from gamestop i put it in my 360 to make sure it works. i bought cod4 with a coupon TT hooked up (props) and when i got home i put it in and it wouldnt play, i looked at the cd and it had a big ass bubble on it. i took that shit back 10 mins after i bought it and got another one that wasnt fucked up.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
if u referring to me personally I'm not speaking from experience, I only reserve big games I know will be hard to get on released day and put like 5 bucks down. Still pretty shady that they don't return money for unclaimed reserves.
I dont get the idea of reserving a regular game. I mean if it's not at GS then it's at every big box store in the surrounding area. If I do reserve its for the limited edition version (i.e GOW2, Saint Row 2 limited editions)

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I've been playing Condemened 2 alot lately and I take extra care of the stuff I own, but somehow I got a scratch on the data ring part (near the hole) and I know I couldnt take that to cd warehouse where I usually get my discs rebuffed at to be fixxed. So I sent my homeboy to a GS near him to buy a used Con.2 , he it brought over..put my bad disc in new box...and I took it back to a GS near me saying my girl bought it, but she didnt know I dont like the horror genre and got my money back. lol

Nov 14, 2002
when someone reserves a game whether paying partial or full price, alot of customers completely forget they reserved it and come in and buy a copy with new money on release date...
No...

Still pretty shady that they don't return money for unclaimed reserves.
No it's not... That's the point of a "reservation". They're holding something for you that they could potentially sell to somebody else, earlier, for the same price. Essentially, giving you a reservation is doing you a favor. If you choose to forget that they're doing you that favor, you deserve to lose your money.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I've reserved a game, forgot about it, and went back a month later and picked up my $5.. Dude even said i had 48hours to pick up the game, if i dont pick it up by then then they'll sale the game to someone else and hold tha $5 until i come claim it.

May 16, 2002
I dont get the idea of reserving a regular game. I mean if it's not at GS then it's at every big box store in the surrounding area. If I do reserve its for the limited edition version (i.e GOW2, Saint Row 2 limited editions)
same here. and usually you can find the limited editions on ebay or other online spots too without having to reserve.

Nov 26, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA