Evolution

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
I have just been thinking as of late and am just curious to know if anyone could answer my question.
Is Science as it stands now, enough to disprove the existance of God? why or why not?

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
that's a good question.....when i took world history 2 years ago, we talked a lot about that....because archiologists are finding shit that is in the bible.....ancient scriptures etc....i personally don't know what to think. i would like to think there is something after death. but there is no way to prove it....

Apr 25, 2002
SF
The existence of God is disproved when people stop believing.

Man chose to believe in God, man can chose not to.

No science necessary.

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
THIS EVOLUTION AINT REAL B.S. CAME ALONG WITH RELIGION...I THINK SO...THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I CHOOSE TO BE SPIRITUAL BUT CARRY NO ORGANIZED RELIGION ON MY SHOULDERS...I DONT BELIEVE EVOLUTION DISPROVES THE EXISTENCE OF GOD...I BELIEVE THAT CERTAIN THINGS ARE A MYSTERY FOR A REASON...YES I BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION, BUT I ALSO BELIEVE IN GOD. WHY CANT THEY CO-EXIST?...ABA

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
MAN,
SCIENCE DOES NOT DISPROVE CREATION. MATTER OF FACT, IT EMBRACES IT. YAW gOT TO REMEMBER THAT EVOLUTION IS JUST A "THEORY". IT IS NOT A SET TRUTH. THERE ARE SO MANY LOOPHOLES IN IT, AND EVEN DISCOVERIES MADE TO SUPPORT IT HAVE THRU TIME, BEEN REALIZED TO BE TAMPERED WITH OR FAKED.

THE BIBLE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT EVEN TALKS ABOUT HOW THE EARTH WAS ROUND AND HOW IT IS HELD ON "NOTHIN'"(ATLAS) WHEN IN THOSE TIMES THERE WERE THEORIES THAT ELEPHANTS HELD THE EARTH OR THE EARTH WAS FLAT AND SO FORTH.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^^^^^thats true. and if you dig deep enough you will find the constelations(orion for example) etc etc etc. not only that but they are actually FINDING things that are in the bible,tomb of caiphas,jericho and other places.

if everything evolved from single cell organisms where is the organism in the middle of this process?

you can say "it takes time" or "it takes millions of years" but according to evolution havent we been going on for millions of years? so if it took use 500,000 years to evolve into what we are today what about the species of life that started 250,000 years after we started to evolve? where are they? what are they?

heresy

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
^The lesser adaptive species of humans died off from competition and enviromental conditions they were not able to handle.

The creatures from way back that we came from are still here. Example: Sponges. We just dont look like these life forms in any way.

Look at the skeleton of a whale... Its the exact as a humans, only modified for the course its species took (adapted to).

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^^ just because someone or something stops performing a certain action doesnt mean that something fails to exist.

so if god is real and everyone stopped believing in god he would cease to exist????

please explain your logic.

@blight you are missing the point. where are the animals/species that are in the MIDDLE of the process???? you spoke of a whale and its skeleton being like a human. how come the whale has not transformed into an aqua dwelling human?

where are the animals that are STILL going through the phase of evolvement????????

heresy

Apr 25, 2002
HERESY said:
^^^^ just because someone or something stops performing a certain action doesnt mean that something fails to exist.

so if god is real and everyone stopped believing in god he would cease to exist????

please explain your logic.

@blight you are missing the point. where are the animals/species that are in the MIDDLE of the process???? you spoke of a whale and its skeleton being like a human. how come the whale has not transformed into an aqua dwelling human?

where are the animals that are STILL going through the phase of evolvement????????

heresy
I'm sure you know but its called Natural Selection and nature has not selected whales to evolve into something different yet. The climate has not changed to drastic measures where the Whales will have to take on human characteristics.

At one time there were short neck giraffes. And a genetic mutation caused some Giraffes to have longer necks just like a genetic mutation may make a man 9 feet tall. Well animals started killing off the shorter neck giraffes and the longer neck giraffes were the fittest for the current environments.

But the key is GENETIC MUTATION...

Apr 25, 2002
HERESY said:
^^^^ man killed off a lot of animals also. so the animals that survive now are alive because how they mutated????? lmao

heresy
What's so silly about that?

You can laugh all you want but long necked Giraffes survived because of a genetic mutation..FACT

And I also forgot to add that longer neck Giraffes had the advantage when it came to food. They could eat way up in the trees while the shorter necks couldn't do it, shorter neck giraffes starved. And since the longer neck giraffes ate, they had a chance of surviving longer and passing there genes while shorter necks didn't. So that was also a cause of shorter neck giraffes extinction. just look it up...

May 5, 2002
"where are the animals that are STILL going through the phase of evolvement????????"

You obviously don't know too much about evolution. their is no beggining, middle, and end. Evolution is an on going process that doesn't stop. HUMANS are STILL going through the phase of evolvement. EVERYTHING EVOLVES. From plant life to animal life. Everything has to evolve to its conditions in order for its species to survive. The offspring who by chance isn't benifited with the positive trait will die off, leaving the ones with the positive to go out and procreate.

Like my man said bout the giraffes, the ones who weren't born with long necks died, thus not passing on their short neck trait, while the ones with long necks were able to eat the food off the high trees to survive, and passed their traits on to their offspring. its a slow process, its not something you see happen within a couple of years. how do you think we got all these various types of dogs? they all evolved to their life style. thats why people breed dogs to do certain things. look at the human race in general. how do you think we got black people who originated from one area, white people in another, asian in another and so on. they all live in different climates and over time they all evolved slightly in a different way. why do we have all these similar species in all around the world who have slightly different traits. snakes, lizards, birds etc...

May 13, 2002
www.thechill.com
"At one time there were short neck giraffes. And a genetic mutation caused some Giraffes to have longer necks just like a genetic mutation may make a man 9 feet tall. Well animals started killing off the shorter neck giraffes and the longer neck giraffes were the fittest for the current environments."

Ahhh. this is why this place drives me crazy. Everytime this subject comes up the only thing evolutionists bring up to support evolution doesn't even have to do with the theory of evolution (which is macro evolution). They only talk about micro evolution. Because micro-evolution is the only thing which has backing. Yes, certain physical characteristics of species will become dominate during certain times due do environmental conditions--BUT the changes made will not create a new species which is required of for evolution. So are these long necked giraffes any closer to becoming a new species? Is Shawn Bradley more evolved then you because he is taller? Is he closer to becoming a new species? The fact of the matter is there is nothing to back the thought that macro-evolution can take place. All evidence for evolution uses cases of micro-evolution. The fact of the matter is if a salmon was running out of water and the only way for it to survive is for it to get feet or breath on land. It would DIE. Some salmon wouldn't get some Miracle gene from it's parent and come out with feet. If some land dwelling animal was running out of land because of floods some newborn wouldn't come out with wings to adapt and fly away. The only adaptation that takes place is the dominance of characteristics native to the species which before had not been dominate due to that characteristic not being beneficial to it's survival.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
snub you obviously dont know me. you say i dont know about evolution based on what?????

their is no beggining, middle, and end. Evolution is an on going process that doesn't stop. HUMANS are STILL going through the phase of evolvement. EVERYTHING EVOLVES.
what were humans before? what did humans evolve from? how can you say no begining no middle and no end?????

you do have begining middle and end. look at the giraffes.

you have the begining species the short necks (which supposedly died out) and the long neck. the short neck was the MIDDLE and the END result of the evolving process was the long neck which survived.

so once again what was the middle? the short neck.

WHERE are the middle species of humans? what have humans evolved from? where is the lion that is in the middle of its evolving process? if it doesnt stop (which is my point) you should see something in the middle or a variation of that lifeform (short and long neck giraffes). the lions that have been driven from the pride should have evolved over time. that way they would form a new lion group to keep the species alive. these lions are kicked out. why havent they evolved into something else?????

http://www.ghg.net/hollaway/isevolut.html

read that link.

africa if you dont read that link here is an excerpt from it. please answer this question:

"why did other animals with short necks survive?"

my question is why does the OKAPI still survive????? how can baby giraffes eat???

back@snub. look at what africa said. the ones who survived were a mutation. that would mean that the ORIGINAL version was DIFFERENT the middle version died off and the END result is the long neck.

@africa where can i find books or links or pics or any material that deals with the fossils of these long and short necks.

heresy

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
BUT the changes made will not create a new species which is required of for evolution. So are these long necked giraffes any closer to becoming a new species? Is Shawn Bradley more evolved then you because he is taller? Is he closer to becoming a new species? The fact of the matter is there is nothing to back the thought that macro-evolution can take place.
blunt you understand this process. what i have asked time and time again is WHERE is this new species???????? by now it should have evolved into something NEW.

if we come from single cell organisms where is the rat dog???????

or scorpion lizard?????

heresy

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Creation and Evolution can co-exist. Humans did evolve.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/species.html

http://www.onelife.com/evolve/manev.html#C

also if evolution didn't occur why (up until the last several thousand years) were the people in the warmer climates dark skinned and affected less physically by the sun? Why were people in the colder climates light skinned and affected more by the sun then the darker people? To this day blacc people do not get sun burns, don't get red when out in the sun for too long but white people do. Coincidence? Doubt it.

May 13, 2002
www.thechill.com
"also if evolution didn't occur why (up until the last several thousand years) were the people in the warmer climates dark skinned and affected less physically by the sun? Why were people in the colder climates light skinned and affected more by the sun then the darker people? To this day blacc people do not get sun burns, don't get red when out in the sun for too long but white people do. Coincidence? Doubt it."

And so who is closer to becoming a new species? you obviously haven't thought about this too long have you.

Everyone.......ADAPTATION does not equal EVOLUTION.