everyone help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i need a few people to send me some tracks quantized by different machines at different levels so that i can import them into reason. all you have to do is lay out a midi track and quantize it then save the midi file which allows me to import that groove into reason. so any mpc owners or users of other tight sequencers help me out. if anyone has a yamaha rm1x or rs7000 it would be nice if you could hook me up. thanks yall. i need grooves!

also please check out my tupac remix set to one of my beats

stream mp3

stream real media

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
its from skid row's 18 and life.

evidence dont you have a motif? if so get at me so we can work out something for some of these groove tracks.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
im really interested in the yamaha brand. i used the rm1x for over a year and made a good portion of my beats using a few preset quantization values. i really miss them and am not going to rebuy the machine for sequencing. the rs 7000 and motif have similar if not the same quantizing system from what ive heard.

thanks for the addy though bumpus ill definitely do that.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^ the yamaha rm1x does not save as SMF1 it saves SMF. everything will be on ONE track.

do you want me to lay something down (like an original beat and send you the file)?

explain yourself a lil bit more because im new to this machine (recently came across it for a playa price)

:H:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
phil said:
thanks.should i worry about copyright issues? i sold it to some cat to use on his demo.
i havent listen to the track. does it contain any samples or elements of someone elses work? if it does and you have not received permission you have violated the copyright.

why?

because YOU made $$$$ from it......

ps i doubt that he will TELL anyone that he paid for it however if he DOES use it on a ***commercial*** release prepare to get sued.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
its from skid rows "18 and life"

no , i used to have that machine. i dont want a whole beat (even though it will save a whole beat and not just on one track) . just the midi notes quantized at 75 80 85 and 90 % at an eighth or sixteenth note setting on one track.( i dont remember which, just that it was two clicks to the left. it doesnt matter what instrument is playing just so long as you have midi notes played on every 8th or 16th and quantize them each at those values then save as an smf or mid file. i never should have sold that thing. how are you liking it?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
its an ok machine i mean it is what it is. its not liek its 128 voices or anything like that but i would recommend it to anyone who is interested in hip hop/rap/r&b.

naw i dont think i will be selling it but i have made some ok tracks using it (i will post em after my boy spits to them).

write now im looking at the machine and i went to UTILITIES.

1.master tune

2.foot switch

3.pattern quantize. this value has two settings 1 and 1/16.

i dont see a screen that allows me to change the settings. like i said im new to this machine.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
ok i havent used it in over a year but here goes

just get on track one and set a hi hat or something to hit on every 8th or 16th or whatever. play that for 4 bars. (you should be in pattern mode right now)

then go to quantize

there should be 3 lines of options

one should be the note value which should be set to 8th or 16ths by turning one of the corresponding knobs two clicks to the left.

there is one that you dont touch i believe its the second option, then there should be on the third line an adjustable percentage which should be set to the values i put up earlier. just quantize it at those values and save them as smf files. its easy once you get the hang of it.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
ok i downloaded the manual and this is how it goes

while in pattern mode (assuming you laid down the 4 bars with a hit on each 8th or 16th note) go to the JOB button

once in the job menu your first menu option should be quantize. go to this option

when in the quantize menu, set the note value to 8ths or 16ths (do both if you can, it will only end up as 8 files)but 16ths would be best.

ignore swing rate and gate time and just set the strenght to the values i put up earlier. thanks.

a little hint if you didnt know shift+job is the the shortcut for the undo function and comes in real handy.