Everybody from outside the bay, how have people been reactin to the movement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
I am askin this question mainly for people on here who are not currently in The Bay, and preferrably who aren't in L.A. since I know most of what's goin on there. How have people been reactin to everything this year since the Hyphy movement is really spreadin nationwide? I am from L.A. but I am in college in Florida (Tallahassee, home of Florida A&M and Florida State), so I get to see and hear a lot of people from outside the West and how they react to thiings.

Here are some of the things I have noticed, seen, heard, etc.......

-Tell me when to go is big as hell out here, and whenever they play it, the entire club reacts and many people even try to go dumb and thizzle dance. Some people who aren't from California look official when they do it, even though most of them look kinda silly. When I first got out here, we'd be lucky to hear any song from the west that wasn't Snoop or old Pac/Dre/Snoop/DPG. This is probably the first modern day Bay song without any southern rappers on it or without a southern feel to it that has EVER got a major reaction out here. I do hear that they played Federation songs last year in Atlanta a lot though.

-There is one DJ out here who is from Florida, but his boy Sid is from Frisco, and he plays 2-3 Bay songs at EVERY party, even when it's only 4-5 west coast people in attendance. He has played "Super sick wit it," "Super Hyphy" original and remix, "Yay area" from E-40's album, and a few more.

-It seems like everybody saw "My block: The Bay," and nobody has really dissed it or said anything bad about it. Many of them did seem to think a lot of what they did was just weird or funny as hell (especially the word Shabalaboopy), but everybody was interested in hell in the whole thing, and everybody out here always comes to people from Cali (even L.A.) askin us if we know this n that even though we might not know.

-There are still a few people who don't know too much of anything about The Bay or the fact that The Bay is nowhere near L.A....a LOT of them ask shit like "how far is the Bay from L.A., like 15 minutes?" but I mean you can't knock em if they have never been to California...even though they need to read a damn map. But at one point, younger people out here did seem to think any rapper from The Bay was from L.A., and there are still some females who think E-40 and Too Short are from L.A. just because they don't know. My homegirl is 22 and had never heard of E-40, but had heard 5 of his songs and didn't know who he was.

-Even though it hasn't dropped yet, females are lovin the hell outta "U and dat". I just wonder if it will really be a song to help The Bay or not, because it does sound like a typical Lil Jon song, just like Too Short "Shake day monkey" did, and they heard it as one of their songs.

I have seen/heard a few more things, but those are the major points. So I would assume it's safe to say that all the hype and promotion is workin, because it takes FOREVER for shit to travel out here to the South. They didn't know anything about L.A. clown dancin/krumpin until Rize came out, even though they saw it in every music video. Also, I am the California Club president, and I am always pushin anything from CA hard as hell, so we will probably have a party this year and I might use a Bay Theme for it.

Jul 12, 2002
Im letting people know about the movement in Montana. I heard a DJ spin tell me when to go in a club last night. It's catchin on here and everybody that knows about is loving it. It's a beautiful thing the Bay got going and I'm proud to say I been a supporter and follower since it began.

Jan 31, 2005
i live in wisconsin , i bartend and we got a internet jukebox , i got 40 couple fed on it only bay on there , i had people luvin fed-hyphy , 40water the whole breakin news cd , gasoline and all that . i'm pushin hard to get my ghetto report caRD ON IT . BUT we got tons of people luvin this cd even girls that listen to slipnot and shit like that , it's big like ricky lake

Feb 26, 2006
im from arkansas orginally from the bay and i been on that hyphy shit for a while but damn they really feeling all that shit out here, my friend first didnt like bottles up but it grew on him and everyone is on 40s new song

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
That's whas up to y'all...I really don't think the artists know how hard people support them even when they have never met em.

I forgot to add one...

-When I went to buy E-40's new album on the Tuesday it came out, it was sellin very good. One dude walked in right next to me and was gettin it, and it looked like they had sold half of the ones they had, and they had it in the front with the new releases. I went back there Tuesday tryin to get my cousin's album (Murray's revenge), and I was goin thru the rap eisles and I saw a dude lookin for somethin and his homeboy was like "there it goes right there!" and they grabbed E-40, and I could definitely tell that they were from the south. So it is sellin pretty good here.