Essence Music Festival

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 14, 2010
Hi! I tried reaching out to the admin previously, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting this. I’m working with the Essence Music Festival, and as a forum that caters to music fans, I wanted to make sure you guys knew all about it!

If you haven’t heard about EMF yet, it’s a weekend-long celebration put on by ESSENCE featuring Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, and Mary J. Blige as headliners amongst other prominent African-American artists. The 2010 EMF will be held at the Superdome in New Orleans, LA on July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Is anyone going? Did anybody go last year?

Jun 14, 2010
Hi! The Essence Music Festival is just one week away! I wanted to post an update made by ESSENCE earlier this week. Grammy-nominated songstress Ledisi and rap legend Doug E. Fresh have just been added to the EMF line-up! Both artists are scheduled to perform on Sunday, July 4th. Be sure to catch Ledisi in the July issue of ESSENCE discussing what she loves about herself.

Also, I wanted to let you guys in on a less mentioned, but unquestionably honorable side of EMF – “Impact New Orleans”. In the days leading up to the festival, ESSENCE is asking people to volunteer a day of service to support continued efforts in rebuilding New Orleans. The ESSENCE Healthy Living Fair is hosted in conjunction with the U.S. Army to provide a range of public services to the residents of New Orleans.

What do you guys think of this initiative? And how excited are you about Ledisi and Doug E. Fresh being added to the line-up?!! :)

Jun 14, 2010
Hi! Can you believe the Essence Music Festival is just ONE day away?! Be sure to follow @ESSENCEMUSIC on Twitter to receive the latest updates about the biggest festival in NOLA!