el-p "i'll sleep wehn you're dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i was really hoping this would be the album where el-p would impress me and make the album that would prove all my dislike for him wrong...nope

same el-p...outside of maybe 3 songs the production is your typical el-p noise. no actual beat or rythm. too much distortion effects. throw on top of that his inability to rap or even rhyme for that matter, and you have one suck ass album.people get wrapped up in how much he is pushing the envelope and fail to realize he is making bad music...different doesnt always equal good

only 2 songs i was looking forward to because of features (cage and mars volta) arent even good. so really have no reason to ever listen to this album again

1. Tasmanian Pain Coaster (feat. Mars Volta)
2. Smithereens (Stop Cryin)
3. Up All Night
4. EMG
5. Drive
6. Dear Sirs
7. Run the Numbers (feat. Aesop Rock)
8. Habeas Corpses (Draconian Love) (feat. Cage)
9. The Overly Dramatic Truth
10. Flyentology (feat. Trent Reznor)
11. No Kings
12. The League of Extraordinary Nobodies
13. Poisenville Kids No Wins/reprise (this must be our time) (feat. Cat Power)

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

You are just a hater. J/k, what did you think of Mr Lif's Mo Mega, because I thought it was hella dope and El P did his thing on there. I havent picked this one up yet but I probably will. The last CD I bought was Sean Prices, so its been a while...

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
The Undisputed Truth said:
You are just a hater. J/k, what did you think of Mr Lif's Mo Mega, because I thought it was hella dope and El P did his thing on there. I havent picked this one up yet but I probably will. The last CD I bought was Sean Prices, so its been a while...
its alright...not horrible but far from dope.

i dont mind other people over el-p's beats,especially people as talented as lif...it cancels out the weak production in a way.i can listen to can ox,aesop rock and others and they can make it work cause they actually have somewhat of a rapping ability.

but you put somebody el-p over his own beats and its just too much to stand.there is no high point. i cant be like the rhymes suck bu at least the production is good or vice versa,they both suck...there is no silver lining,haha

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i liked it.

its not like i thought it was classic or anything, but i liked it. and its continuing to grow on me. its more of an album than fantastic damage was.

and the video for smithereens made me like the song more.

even tho he bit prodigal suns part on that method man/sunz of man/onyx video "the worst"