East Rap Vs. West Rap (Content)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2005
Since This is a mainley West Coast Web Site i'm going to ask this question. Why is that West Coast Artist still rap tht I'm Crip, Blood killa cali bust a cap shit that they did back in like 93. Same style and all. Lyrics is still basic and content aint changed. I mean look at Lynch, EIHT, SPICE 1 all these dudes still spitten the same shit. What's the reason, i want 2 know.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
for the same reson,..the east been and still say

yo
yo b
yo son
word is bond
i-aight
yo-yo-yo-yo i'm the illest
and yo that not real hip hop yo

and the same drum pattern
(boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare)
for the past 20-30 years....

Jun 17, 2005
Spits said:
Since This is a mainley West Coast Web Site i'm going to ask this question. Why is that West Coast Artist still rap tht I'm Crip, Blood killa cali bust a cap shit that they did back in like 93. Same style and all. Lyrics is still basic and content aint changed. I mean look at Lynch, EIHT, SPICE 1 all these dudes still spitten the same shit. What's the reason, i want 2 know.
There are plenty of west coast artists who aren't gangsta oriented. The same questions could be asked about much of the east (NY in particular). Hell, slowpoke answered that question. Many (not all) West Coast rappers rap the gangbang shit because:

a.) that's where they come from - OR -
b.) they still live it

I can't say the same for certain "horse and carriage" niggas turned "Blood" from NY.

Jun 17, 2005
SLOWPOKE said:
for the same reson,..the east been and still say

yo
yo b
yo son
word is bond
i-aight
yo-yo-yo-yo i'm the illest
and yo that not real hip hop yo

and the same drum pattern
(boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare,boom-boom snare)
for the past 20-30 years....
^^^^^^
Yep! :)

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
naw naw,...see gut,..that's a foul,...reson being is we cant have the "same stlye" all the time,...but if they do the reaaaaaaaal hip hop,....then you know yo like what what and my bonded words yo,...it's my style yo it'z gangsta now and dem i'ma flip it like whaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooo,...see yo we change it up yo,....dipdipdipdipdip set!!!!!!!!!!! nahhhhhhhhhhhhhha mean son,...-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g ee you knit!!!!!!

"I mean look at Lynch, EIHT, SPICE 1 all these dudes still spitten the same shit. What's the reason, i want 2 know."

to answer this i will simply qoute the great earl steveans (try and guess that one yo)
from his cd loyalty and betrayal,......with c-bo his cussin....

"nigga cause i can!!!!!!!!!"

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
yes the majority of rap on the west is gangsta inlfuneced, however not every rapper from the west ain't a crip or blood ya feel?
eiht, lynch, and spice-1 spit what the their fans wanna hear
hiero is from oakland they ain't bangin
crooked i don't bang, or e-40, or san quinn, ya boy. etc...
as far as for the east, they need to go back 93-95 when they were grimy as fuck, thats the east coast sound i remember and liked. ever since biggie died the east coast has not been the same, just like when pac died the west hasn't been the same...

Jun 17, 2005
SLOWPOKE said:
naw naw,...see gut,..that's a foul,...reson being is we cant have the "same stlye" all the time,...but if they do the reaaaaaaaal hip hop,....then you know yo like what what and my bonded words yo,...it's my style yo it'z gangsta now and dem i'ma flip it like whaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooo,...see yo we change it up yo,....dipdipdipdipdip set!!!!!!!!!!! nahhhhhhhhhhhhhha mean son,...-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g ee you knit!!!!!!
Funny as fuck, but it's the truth.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
"What's the dealin.... it's like New York been soft, ever since Snoop came thru and crushed the buildings"- Jay-Z {Money, Cash, Hoes}

The West is very inovative, but the majority that reaches the mainstream is from L.A which is very gang banging orientated. A question of that magnitude obviusly comes from one who's never heard of "The Bay". The artist you mentioned... no offense aren't very innovative and are happy with the lifestyle and lyrics that they spit. If you look at the east coast evolution.. Das Efx....wigggity wiggity where did they go? Early Jay-Z... just like Das Efx... a lot of the ones still in the game on the east coast, haven't changed they're style... just production. On the east coast, a couple of G's for a beat might fly... on the west coast, you might get yo studio robbed asking for that much. So basicly the east coast looked like it has changed... but in actuallity they're now learning "Western Civilization" and wearing flags, sporting dickies, rocking chucks, riding lo-lo's, all the rap about is "West Coast" weed, and they're poster boy 50 Cent is getting alot his attention because of a "Western Pioneer" Dr. Dre. So why change now... when everyone wants to live like us!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Theres too many west coast rappers pushing 40, they need to hang it up and let some new cats shine

Apr 6, 2004
Spits said:
I mean look at Lynch, EIHT, SPICE 1 all these dudes still spitten the same shit. What's the reason, i want 2 know.
Homie, look who you're using as examples... yeah, you named three folks that spit the same gang war heat. (even though lynch doesn't bang)... but anyways, folks, if you're knowin' about the west, especially the bay, nothings about colors. It's about hill side/crest side/greer side... it's about east-o, it's about the filthy moe, mission, HP. On the real though, I have over 100 different west coast artist's in my collection, and maybe 20% are gang affiliated...

Feb 12, 2004
SLOWPOKE said:

DAMN B, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU YO? YOU BUGGIN OUT SON! DAMN SOMEONE PASS ME THE BISCUIT DUNN!

Apr 22, 2005
you know whats a trip to me.I hear alot of cats out here in the Bay usin East slang or South slang without even knowin it.I mean them mob figaz seem to use alot,sayin shit is stupid fresh and shit like that,East was sayin that shit in the late 80's early 90's lol and when Mac Dre started sayin his shit is treal,that been a South slang for a minute and it seems like alot of West cats now is a mix of styles,just a fuckin gumbo of styles from West(Bay or LA),South(some got similar beats),East(with the flow,gotta say maybe it was Jay who did that)as well as East usin hellla West flavor.I hate to see other cats mimmick the West style tho cuz they dont do it right and it just looks phony.West will always put that "thug" or "gangsta" twist on it and it'll sound tight,most the time.I cant understand why so many cats is waitin on fuckin detox either,I know it aint really Bay cats but you prolly got some up here waitin on just 40.Niggas need to start comin together on some networkin shit and just attack the radio with knocks.Dre aint shit man and I used to have more respect for him.I still got respect for his classic shit but that mothafucka knows how many followers look to him for whats tight and he got so much pull he can get this whole region crackin,instead he bring out the lamest nigga from the West.WTF is goin with errrrbody? lol I need to go to sleep,peace

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
BROWN GUERRERO said:
DAMN B, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU YO? YOU BUGGIN OUT SON! DAMN SOMEONE PASS ME THE BISCUIT DUNN!
YO GOD.....YO,..MAN YOUS MA MAN AND ALL YO,...LIKE WHHAAOOO
YO,...I JJUST WANNA YOKNOWANNA MEAN YO LIKE GIVE IT TO THEM RAW YO....I'M FUM DA STREETS OF BOOKLYN YO',...AND I KNOW WHAT TUFF TALK SOUND LIKE....

YO SHOUT OUT TO YO,..MY MANS N DEM AT SICCNESS.NET YO ON MA DUKES YO,...THA BLOCK YO !!!!!!,.....DA SUN RISES IN THE EAST YO',....

BUT YO,...IT'S MY STEELO