E 40

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
My does my favorite rapper of all-time keep hooking up with wack artists? Petey Pablo? Good lord, is E-40 trying to become a bubblegum rapper? I remember E-40 complaining about Bay rappers not blowing up. Well, if you put Bay rappers on your album 40, they might get some shine.

I think it's sad when 40 resorts to putting some one hit wonders who haven't paid their dues in the game on his album just so he can get some attention. E-40 has worked hard for over a decade, and he puts some rookie like Petey Pablo on his shit?

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
40 got Keek on that shit. But it's funny cause in Tha Yay Area Onehalf of muthafuckas be like "40 need to try some new shit and keep up with the new era". And when he does......The other half of muthafuckas be like "40 need to go back to the Federal days". So which is it? He ain't never did nothing but tried to rep our Yay and put it down. If he and Petey Pablo was marinatin together in tha studio gettin drunk smokin some of Cali's finest Highbrary shit and they was vibin on some shit, then by all means why wouldn't he do a track widem? Rookie or not. 40's got 60 songs he had to choose from to put it on this album. There was alot of Yay mufuckas on those songs, but maybe he wasn't feelin those songs?? I don't know. All I know is that from my point of view, I see alot of mixed opinions goin on. Don't seem like he can please anybody. So, I think that 40 is just doing what he do. Just cause he lives in the YAY, don't mean he don't travel and meet mufuckas on a daily basis. So if he's in LA and IceCube or NewYork and JadaKiss or New Orleans and BigTymers or in Atlanta and Ludacris two ways him and says let's kick it, post up and marinate, then what ever happens, happens. Remember though, these cats practically LIVE IN THE STUDIO. So, when they are marinatin, then most likely they are in a studio or someones house who has a full on studio in it. So, why not put down a track and if it's dope, put it on????? Just support 40 if you are a fan. If not, then I'm sure he hopes to get you on the next one. He's just trying to bring it back to the YAY, REAL BIG REAL TALK. YAY AREA FO LIFE! But I'm real happy with this new album and I hope more than half of you will be too. Peace & Pro$$$perity to all you cats, cause GOD knows that somebody gotta bring it back to tha YAY, and you best believe I'm tryin. RHYTHMX $ickWid'It Records

May 20, 2002
N JAIL U MY HOE said:
those features suck... fuck those untalented down-south rappers... and Afroman? -- he forgot to say Fabolous

i love E-40, je's my favorit artist, my favorit songs of him, are the songs that has no guest apperances...
thats a straight hater comment

Apr 25, 2002
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying E-40 shouldn't go out there and do tracks with rappers from across the country. But man, they should be good rappers. Petey Pablo is just straight garbage man, and by having a feature like him on his album will make the haters hate even more. Maybe E-40 isn't trying to get validation, but if you look around the internet, a lot of cats outside California have very mixed opinions on 40. If they look at his new album and see the features list, mothafuckas are gonna hate big time. Petey Pablo and Fabolous make be popular on the mainstream, but they get no love from real rap heads.

Why doesn't 40 do some shit with artists that'll actually do a good song? Nas, Eminem, Redman (they'd be perfect on some shit), Method Man, etc. These are rappers who actually have talent and will be around for years to come. Five years down the line, nobody will remember who Petey Pablo or Afroman were. Hell, mothafuckas ALREADY forgot about them!