E-40 Talks About His Indie Days & Going Major

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 30, 2006
MC Serch discovered NAS I give him props for that. But I don't give him props for cosigning the dude Shamrock(Was that his name?) on the white rapper show.

Oct 19, 2004
40 one of the most respected cats in the whole rap game. He an original pioneer of this independent hustle. Every bay rapper should aspire to achieve the things he's done in this game.

Feb 14, 2004
^i think Master P set the bar in this independent rap game. he sucks now. but his older shit is classic. E-40 how ever, his older shit is still dope. things'll never be the same. i remember when In A Major Way first came out. i was amazed.

Feb 15, 2008
^i think Master P set the bar in this independent rap game. he sucks now. but his older shit is classic. E-40 how ever, his older shit is still dope. things'll never be the same. i remember when In A Major Way first came out. i was amazed.
Not taking anything away from Master P cuz what he did was amazing. But the Master P who got rich and famous was not Independent he was signed to Priority records thru his own label. E-40 was getting a lot of money and famous way before he went to Jive. 40 was selling 200k plus units truly 100% independent thru city hall records and Music people 1 stop.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
P did his thing. Imo, He was a smart business man. He learned the game from the same person E-40 learned it from. That person is St. Charles from Solar Music Group. I agree with KEEP IT 100. 40 been having bread and was famous way before he got his deal. I remember when he used to come to the Hip-Hop Shop in Fairfield where I used to work to drop off his tapes.

Apr 25, 2002
Not taking anything away from Master P cuz what he did was amazing. But the Master P who got rich and famous was not Independent he was signed to Priority records thru his own label.
I could be wrong on this, but I thought St. Charles had something to do w/ coaching P a little, then he took that advice down south. Am I wrong on that ?

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
master p had a legendary and successful career...not takin anything away from a rap icon...but if dude retired after "da last don" then his lagacy would not be tarnished....but all them bullshit releases like lil italy and tank dogs....that was the beginning of his demise....no limit oversaturated the market with too much shit in a short period of time....just my 2 cents

Feb 14, 2004
^some of them albums were actually good though. Big Ed - The Assassin, Mac - Shell Shocked, Fiend - There's One in Every Family, Snoop Dogg - Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told, Kane & Abel - Am I My Brother's Keeper, Soulja Slim - Give It 2 'Em Raw <all released in 98'. there's several more that were released in 98', but none that i liked.