DYNAMITE 2009:DREAM VS WORLD VICTORY ROAD(SENGOKU) NEW YEARS EVE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2006
LAST MMA EVENT OF THE YEAR

Masato vs. Andy Souwer (K-1)
Satoshi Ishii vs. Hidehiko Yoshida (MMA)
Melvin Manhoef vs. Kazuo Misaki (MMA)
Shinya Aoki vs. Mizuto Hirota (MMA)
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazunori Yokota (MMA)
Masanori Kanehara vs. Norofumi "Kid" Yamamoto (MMA)
Akihiro Gono vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai (MMA)
Hiroshi Izumi vs. Katsuyori Shibata (MMA)
Marlon Sandro vs. Hideo Tokoro (MMA)
Michihiro Omigawa vs. Hiroyuki Takaya (MMA)
Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Alistair Overeem (MMA)
Yosuke Nishijima vs. Ray Sefo (K-1)
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (MMA/"Super Hulk" finale)
Hiroya vs. Masaaki Noiri (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal)
Katsuki Ishida vs. Shota Shimada (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal)
Hiroya/Noiri winner vs. Ishida/Shimada winner (K-1 KOSHIEN final)
Tsukasa Fuji vs. Ryuya Kusakabe (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal reserve)

HDNet airs "Dynamite!! 2009," DREAM vs. WVR live on New Year's Eve morning

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think I'm actually gonna save some money this year and just buy a 12er and stay home and watch this. Kid-Kanehara, Aoki-Hirota, Crusher-Yokota, Manhoef-Misaki, Gono-Mach, Tokoro-Sandro & Takaya-OMGawa are all crazy matchups, then add Masato's retirement fight, Ishii's debut which might be the biggest and most important fight in JapMMA history, UBEREEM and if Minowaman somehow beats Sok I'm going berserk.
Plus the rumor's still floating around that Mousasi's fighting Goodridge K1 rules

Dec 19, 2006
Gegard Mousasi vs. Gary Goodridge set for year-end "Dynamite!! 2009" event

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17346/geg...campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)
A recently rumored contest between Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi (27-2-1) and UFC and PRIDE veteran Gary Goodridge (23-19-1) is apparently on.

While DREAM, World Victory Road and K-1 officials have yet to make an official announcement, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today spoke with Mousasi's manager and M-1 Global executive Apy Echteld who confirmed "The Dreamcatcher" is currently en route to Japan for the matchup.

Goodridge was not immediately available for comment.

While "Dynamite!! 2009" will feature a collection of kickboxing contests in addition to mixed martial arts bouts, Mousasi and Goodridge will reportedly compete under full MMA rules.

Goodridge seeks to snap a four-fight losing streak. "Big Daddy" fought most recently in November 2008 and was submitted by Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem in a bout contested in The Netherlands' Ultimate Glory promotion.

Goodridge has also dropped bouts to Paul Buentello, Terroll Dees and Mu Bae Choi during his current stretch.

An eight-time UFC veteran, Goodridge is probably best known for his brutal, 13-second knockout of Paul Herrera in 1996's "UFC 8: David vs. Goliath." Goodridge went on to defeat Jerry Bohlander that night, as well, before falling to Don Frye in the evening's tournament finals.

Goodridge's near-14-year career also includes wins over Dan Bobish, Frye, Jan Nortje, Valentijn Overeem, Bob Schrijber and Oleg Taktarov, as well as losses to Fedor Emelianenko, Heath Herring, Ricco Rodriguez, Marco Ruas, Igor Vovchanchyn and Gilbert Yvel, among others.

Meanwhile, Mousasi enters the bout on a 14-fight winning streak. That stretch includes Mousasi's successful run in the 2008 DREAM middleweight grand prix. The 24-year-old later vacated that title in order to make a move to the light heavyweight division, and Mousasi quickly claimed Strikeforce's light heavyweight title with a 60-second win over Renato "Babalu" Sobral in August.

Mousasi has since defeated Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou in a non-title affair at November's "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rogers" event.

Mousasi is expected to return to action in the U.S. in April on an as-yet-unannounced Strikeforce event that will also feature Emelianenko and Dan Henderson.

Oct 27, 2008
I think I'm actually gonna save some money this year and just buy a 12er and stay home and watch this. Kid-Kanehara, Aoki-Hirota, Crusher-Yokota, Manhoef-Misaki, Gono-Mach, Tokoro-Sandro & Takaya-OMGawa are all crazy matchups, then add Masato's retirement fight, Ishii's debut which might be the biggest and most important fight in JapMMA history, UBEREEM and if Minowaman somehow beats Sok I'm going berserk.
Plus the rumor's still floating around that Mousasi's fighting Goodridge K1 rules
if you're gonna be watching it online like me, it shouldnt interfere with your new years.. i never seem to know the exact time of Dream events until the day before, but it could easily pop up @ 4am on the 31st (i've stayed up & also woke up extra early to catch Dream events live @ that time).

this is easily one of the most anticipated mma events of the year for me.. & if that mousasi/goodridge rumor turns out to be true it'll be a fuckin' awesome late xmas gift.. granted the outcome is obvious, but it will be entertaining none-the-less. thats one difference between Dream & UFC--- when Dream throws together a stacked fight, they do it shamelessly. the announcers will let you know what is going to happen. in UFC, they'll hype up the pre-destined loser like he has a chance. they'll even build main events around lies.

anyway, i'll be watching this live no matter what time its on.. Dream is the new Pride, IMO & many others..

Feb 7, 2006
The Rules

Yuji Shimada announced the rules for the DREAM vs. SRC fights today. The fights will be 3×5 minutes as announced previously. There will be a 60 second interval between rounds. Soccer kicks and stomps, which are legal in SRC, will not be allowed. There can be no draws.

Judges will prioritise trying to finish the fight and the fights will be scored round by round, adding them together in the end (don’t know if it’s one of the 10-point systems or if they just choose a winner each round).

Mousasi vs. Goodridge will be fought under DREAM rules but it will be 3×5 minutes. Yoshida vs. Ishii under SRC rules (meaning stomps, 10-point non-must, etc.)

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
there's no way I'm gonna be able to stay up for this, I'm gonna try my hardest to make it to Minowaman's fight before I pass out. I'll try to post all of the videos in here tomorrow when I find them