Dubb Sak "Bad To The Bone" discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2008
New York City
Who here has heard the Dubb Sak record "Bad To The Bone" (Dirty Money Records, 1999)?
It think it's incredible...dude has incredible flow, and the production is largely pretty good. That song with Lynch "Candy With The Slam" should be a bona fide Sac classic, as is "Remember What I Told Ya" featuring one of the most insane Sicx verses I've ever heard. There are a number of others on that cd ("Don't Knock Me" with P-Folks, "What?", "Minze", "Anytime", "Blast or Duck" with Spice 1, "Let's Smoke") that are just as good...classics from one of my favorite Sac mcs.

However, I know little about him. I first heard Dubb Sak on Sicx's "If These Walls Could Talk" in 1999 or so. His flow was astounding on that one, so I tracked down his solo record. What is his story? What part of South Sac is the Creek Mobb? Was Dubb Sak blood/crip affiliated? Also, does anyone know what he has been up to since?

p.s. on an urnelated note, if anyone is interested in checking out part of a retrospective I wrote on Houston rap juggernaut Z-Ro, you can read it here: www.seenothing.wordpress.com

May 9, 2002
Not a huge Dubb Sak fan myself and have heard most his stuff but my favorite track with him might be "Light's Out Party's Over" off Lil Pigg Penn's solo from '97: http://www.zshare.net/audio/52206361f48e22db/

Plan on using it on an upcoming 2 disc Sac mix.
That song is the hardest on that album bar none. THe second best song is the solo song he got on there.

Dubb Sak is the truth, period. Been a fan of his. Matter of fact, when his album dropped, I bought 2 copies on tape.

Jun 11, 2004
At first I was dissapointed with his solo cause I was expectin some siccmade type album, which it really isn't. It grew on me after a while tho, it's got some good cuts. That track produced by sicx is the worst beat I've ever heard tho.

I always though creek mobb was from walnut creek. Doesn't sicx rap about how other sac rappers give him shit for reppin sac AND being down with the creek? Not really sure tho...

Dec 1, 2004
I also remember about an advertising in Xplosive magazine few years ago about an album from Dubb Sak & P-Folks...don't remember the name...

Aug 5, 2002
"Remember What I Told Ya" featuring one of the most insane Sicx verses I've ever heard.
That sicx verse came hard as hell, "with their privates sewn to their eyelids", that whole album is nice, I got it at the crib and slump it from time to time.

JSavv

Sicc OG
Feb 17, 2004
I know Dubb personally he lived down the street from me for like 3 years,He put music on hold for work/school last I heard I talked 2 him like 6 months ago and we didnt get 2 chopp it up 2 long but him and P-Folks had that ALL BADD but it will most likley never be released...
His neqw album SICCMADE RIDER IS in the works last I heard but DUBB is a coo dude In person hellsha coo COP THAT B2TB If u aint got It......
Im trying to get a verse from him for my shit but I dont see him 2 much anymore...

JSavv

Sicc OG
Feb 17, 2004
I got 2 tracks off the resume
And a funny note about Bad 2 The Bone Dubb wasnt happy with that album as far as his flow so exspect some heat If he ever releases another album