DSL or CABLE whats better?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
another question. i got aol (the biggest piece of shit company ever) but anyways would i have to pay the monthly dsl or cable price and also have to pay for aol? also does cable cost more than dsl?
thanks!

May 1, 2002
www.oftendrunk.com
unfortunately, im also stuck with aol till i get a better comp. there's aol plus which is aol + dsl which is like $40 a month.
cable is roughly ~$50 a month depending on who you get it with.
dsl is cheaper than cable, but cable is much faster and reliable than dsl... and both are MUCH better than crap ass dial-up. peace.

May 2, 2002
cables reliable but has a speed cap and no matter how much you pay for it they can't increase the speed. Now with dsl it might not have as many options as cable and won't be as reliable but the more you pay the faster it goes. You can get dsl lines that are as fast as t1 lines if you have the money. Why don't you just get rid of aol? I'd just get aim and a new email, shits just the same. Otherwise with dsl/cable access aol only charges you $14.99 a month.

May 11, 2002
Actually there is a type of DSL that is really expensive that is way faster than CABLE. Its a lot of money tho. It depends on what u want tho, if your gonna be doing a lot of gaming id say go cable. But if your gonna be doing some uploading and stuff get DSL. I would kill to have either personally.

May 2, 2002
5.0 said:
thanks for the info.

d-style - i think that what i might do. fuck aol.

is normal dsl 400k? if not how fast is the cheap dsl?
thanks
normal dsl usually runs anywhere from 400k-1000k a sec download. Cable usually only gets around 200-400k download and 45-60k upload. Regular DSL gets around 15k upload so if your planning on sending a lot of large files out I would go with cable unless your plan on spending a grip on DSL to increase the ul speed. All in all the DSL download speed is a lot faster than cable. Regular DSL lines will run you anywhere from $25-$60 a month, any higher than that is a rip off. Cable will run you $35-$50, atleast in LA. Hope that helps.

May 12, 2002
i used to have pacbell dsl the one for like 40 or 50 a month, it was coo, i dunno where you got the 400-1000k numbers from but mine never went faster than like 150k but thats still hella fast, but only uploaded at like 15k

i got att cable now and the max download is like 200k and uploads pretty slow im not sure of the number