driving on the freeway

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 24, 2006
so your driving on the freeway and on the other side you see the cars going the opposite way by you but once a car on the opposite side reaches your car it looks like the other car stops on a dime for a quick minute next to your car before it zooms rapidly right by you again is there anything to explain this

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Its called the doppler effect. Its the same reason that the sound of the cars motor changes pitch the closer it is to you...

Jan 24, 2006
HERESY said:
fodewada I have an honest question to ask and don't take this the wrong way. What would make you notice this or even ponder the question?
observation plain and simple you dont notice when a car goes by you hella fast on the other side of the freeway it stops for a quick minute when its right by you only asking questions to things i dont know

Jan 24, 2006
MR RY said:
Its called the doppler effect. Its the same reason that the sound of the cars motor changes pitch the closer it is to you...

this isnt the sound of a car gong by you its the actual entire car going by you it does this woosh kinda sound but i was more interested in the car than the sound

Jan 24, 2006
MR RY said:

is this the same thing when you see the rims spinning the oppsite way when the tire is going forward not talking about spinners here

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
If you want to see what kind of rims a car has, you can rapidly hit the side of your head, keeping your eyes fixed in position. The sudden jolts act like a strobe light in a way, letting the image skip in your head and getting a quick glimpse of the number of spokes or thier shapes.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
fodewada said:
observation plain and simple you dont notice when a car goes by you hella fast on the other side of the freeway it stops for a quick minute when its right by you only asking questions to things i dont know
When I am on my side of the freeway I am concerned with the cars in the lanes to the left and right of me. I often look at the other side to make sure a stray car isn't leaving the opposite side and coming my way, but I try to pay attention to my side. Next time I am a passenger I'll do it.

Apr 25, 2002
Blight said:
If you want to see what kind of rims a car has, you can rapidly hit the side of your head, keeping your eyes fixed in position. The sudden jolts act like a strobe light in a way, letting the image skip in your head and getting a quick glimpse of the number of spokes or thier shapes.

hahahahahahaha