Drew Bennet to eye FA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
Wednesday, 02/14/07
Titans WR Bennett eyes free agency

By PAUL KUHARSKY
Staff Writer

Titans wide receiver Drew Bennett is set to hit the free agent market when the NFL calendar year starts on March 2.

General Manager Mike Reinfeldt and the Titans need to determine if they want to make a play for Bennett or any of the team’s other free agents to-be before then.

Still, it could be hard to lock up a player like Bennett.

With the salary cap up to $109 million per team and 19 teams expected to have more than $20 million in space under the cap, many players will want to get a full sense of their value around the league.

Bennett hopes he's a priority for the Titans, but "it would take something strong for me to not test the market,” he said Wednesday. “That’s not saying we can’t get anything done before March 2. But yeah, it would take a very strong effort on their part for me after three years not to wait the next two weeks.”

Read more here:

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pb...RTS01/70214079

alot of anaylist and shit say 49ers might give him a try....with his recent lack of "success" i dont see him getting more then he has been getting.....dude was are most productive receivers BUT THAT AINT SAYING SHIT.....brandon jones was 10x better then him...drew has allways been better at the number 2 postion...he cant be a number 1 and is more productive when a number 2....not to mention he drops passes when all eyes are on him (when they mean the most) but he can and has made some spetaculor ones also......hmmmm

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
after reading this thread, i somehow spent an hour reading 11, literally, different articles concerning sports on wikipedia. I read about 4 different sports leagues i didnt know about (the MAJOR INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE????!!!! theres a league for that!!!???, national professional soccer league, a new American Basketball Association, United hockey league?!!?), onto different sports arenas, through different head coaches, and finally to old players i forgot about (Michael Bishop). i was reading an article about R. jay Soward, and i had to stop reading when i was laughing too hard at a story of him, during a CFL game, after scoring a td, running into the stands, getting a bag of popcorn and eating it with a teammate and some fans. what was funny to me was after that, the other team scored 33 points and Sowards team lost! So i stopped reading and am back on the siccness.

Fuck you wikipedia and marijuana. Fuck you. You get me everytime.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Drew Bennett will end up like Johnnie Morton if he comes to the 9ers. We got no use for him. If anything we need someone whos a major factor, not just plain average. He reminds me of Don Beebe, haha. I was so fuckin glad when Juervicius didn't want to sign with us last year, now this other jackass Bennett, greeeaaattt

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Oh yeah I forgot Donte Stallworth said he wants to play for us. Not great, but a much better option than Bennett.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Actually he said the Patriots are his first choice. If not them then the 9ers, not the Raiders though. I don't think any FA would be dumb enough to get involved in that mess. Unless they don't care about winnin.