dre's tryin to make the most advanced rap album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2002
...what ever that means...
what do you guys think? what do you think is "the most advanced rap album" to date?

I'd have to say there's cuts on both AP, Anghellic, and older songs like questions and be jeaolous that if they were released as one album, that would definately be something that could be described as "advanced rap"

kind of a stupid thread/question but what you guys thnk?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484683/20040129/dr_dre.jhtml?headlines=true

Sep 19, 2003
www.geocities.com
Tech does fuck with new sounds n shit that would maybe put him in the 'advanced rap' genre... if that's what it is... Anghellic for sure... there on songs on there that are WAY before their time... I think Tech PERIOD is underappreciated for that exact reason, he's years before the rest...

Jul 7, 2002
In an interview a few months back, Scott Storch said the same shit about the new Dre album. I am guessing they are talking about the production, recording, and shit like that. I was under the impression that Dre would be using almost all live insturmentation where possible. I can't for that shit personally.

Sep 26, 2002
all live musicians would be cool......
and they got the money to make it sound cool if they really want to and if they "know" what cool sounds like.
my cool might be differnt from their cool. theyr' cool might be my "ass" to me

Nov 18, 2002
Techs advanced sound will not be apperciated because he is not a big super star artist like dre. it's going to take someone like that or anyone who has super star status to make it popular where people wanna listen to it..

Sep 11, 2002
If you are talking about "advanced" sounding rap, you can't really beat Missy Elliot & Timberland. Also, if you think about it, the Beastie Boys tend to put out pretty "advanced" souding stuff (i.e. Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Hello Nasty.) But the the group that HAS to be at the top of the list would be Outcast. Nothing is more different than a new Outcast album.

John

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
magnus777 said:
If you are talking about "advanced" sounding rap, you can't really beat Missy Elliot & Timberland. Also, if you think about it, the Beastie Boys tend to put out pretty "advanced" souding stuff (i.e. Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Hello Nasty.) But the the group that HAS to be at the top of the list would be Outcast. Nothing is more different than a new Outcast album.

John
i disagree.

Common- Electric Circus was way more advanced than outkast

Sep 11, 2002
Common is good, and definately different, but still Outcast is consistanty more different. Its probably close, and I dont' think you can say that Common is WAY more advanced than Outcast.

Dec 30, 2002
www.geocities.com
Zer0.MediA said:
The only way Dre can make an album that I'll call "advanced", is if I have to buy a new piece of hardware to play it...
If you aint got surround sound 5.1
You might jus have to buy that new piece of hardware to play it unless you got a 5.1 set up already..

but that is the "advanced " thing to it..

s.g.

Sep 26, 2002
^^^
now i get it. thanks...

all songs specifically written for 5.1?

i bet they're still gonna do stereo mixes too they have to

that's pretty cool though

EDIT: but then again think about where rap came from... how many of your avarage rap and rock n roll fans have the money to have a 5.1 system ? how many of those have a properly set up 5.1 system? not many... so I MIGHT think it's kind of a stupid idea to make a rap album SPECIFICALLY for 5.1 if your thinkin about your audience... ofcourse just the artistic fullfilment of doing that might be enough to do that... but it still seems like somebody booking the Sex Pistols to play some high class opera house. at least right now when not so many people have real 5.1 set ups at home

Nov 14, 2002
sgfromkc said:
If you aint got surround sound 5.1
You might jus have to buy that new piece of hardware to play it unless you got a 5.1 set up already..

but that is the "advanced " thing to it..

s.g.
In that case... It really is "advanced".

Odd.

Sep 26, 2002
not all
cus how the fuck do you listen to your boombox outside in 5.1?

lol

seriously tho it just depends on how long the change over is gonna take... end of the decade's a good estimate i think

Jul 7, 2002
I am willing to bet there will be "dual format" albums and shit...just like the DVD's...you will make your audio selection and shit.

As much as I love my DTS at home....I ama purist when it comes to music. It will be hard for me to get used to 5.1 music as cool as it may be.