dre-mo - watch ya back...tape to cd conversion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
^ Is that one a different version? bad-n-fluenz version doesn't have the smg logo on the disc label in the photos.
It's The same version. And it is listed with a very "smart" description so that it is impossible to read that it is unathorized unless you click The "additional information" hyperlink. Same thing with The FM Blue and young pone cds in The same action batch. I really think it's a shame when sellers do this, especially since smart ways of telling it is a bootleg while not really telling it unless the buyer reads very thorougly may ruin the credibility of rapmusicguide. It shouldn't be any problem writing that it is a bootleg instead of hyperlinking to additional info. This info is not what I would consider additional. It is essential info.

Props: untouchable
Jul 22, 2010
man i must be blind, i cant even see the additional info link on there! I notice he must be selling them bohn and deco-d represses, didnt see any info to state that either... i didnt think the rapmusicguide seller was sneaky like that huh

Props: BO$$
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
It's The same version. And it is listed with a very "smart" description so that it is impossible to read that it is unathorized unless you click The "additional information" hyperlink. Same thing with The FM Blue and young pone cds in The same action batch. I really think it's a shame when sellers do this, especially since smart ways of telling it is a bootleg while not really telling it unless the buyer reads very thorougly may ruin the credibility of rapmusicguide. It shouldn't be any problem writing that it is a bootleg instead of hyperlinking to additional info. This info is not what I would consider additional. It is essential info.
I agree and I'm sure that Cashflow will correct these errors. He's a good guy and I'm sure that he doesn't plan on ruining his business as you've stated. Just talk to him and let him know. I'm sure that he will correct this and inform the potential buyers of his mistake. It's not a big deal to do so.

Props: Flowjob

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
man i must be blind, i cant even see the additional info link on there! I notice he must be selling them bohn and deco-d represses, didnt see any info to state that either... i didnt think the rapmusicguide seller was sneaky like that huh
I can't either n that's scandalous!

Oct 10, 2005
..and what about:

"Unauthorized Duplication prohibited by Federal Law"

or

"FBI Anti - Piracy Warning: Unauthorized Copying is Punishable Under Federal Law"

Lol that never stopped anybody remember back in the day on ebay seeing hella tape to CD conversions of old bay shit that folks would cash out for, almost got me a couple times when they looked hella legit

Jul 22, 2010
I ended up noticing when I looked again, but damn I can't believe this cat really sold it like it was some real og..
Yeah, me too, I saw the link on my third look over the page, but really, the link has nothing to do with the auction... It needs to be said on the auction page WHAT the item is... there is not explanation that it is bootleg or cd-r, unofficial, nothing..

This is somethin that can have a seller end up with paypal disputes against them

Jan 6, 2003
The three conversions sold like they were OGs so I guess the winners are up for a surprise.

I see the legal aspects about this but I have to add that these conversions have not been made any differently than the tape to CD conversions from others on here, they are conversions from tape only releases and might be viewed as promo releases or more importantly, objects of historical importance since they have been digitalized for future generations. Bad n-fluenz has not sold them here as anything else than tapes to CDs conversions (I consider the price fairly cheap to cover his own expenses, job etc) so even though there are legal aspects, from an egoistic perspective I have no problems buying these conversions as they are professionally made. I don't collect tapes so this is the only way I can hear the music unless I want to download a poor rip off some blog. I'd prefer a high quality product like this to a poor blog rip and neither is more legally right than the other.

I definitely don't want to tone down the legal issues with digitalizing tapes you don't own the rights to but the problem is when someone takes advantage of the professionally made CDs and put them up on ebay as authorized CDs -and of course makes hella money off them. I am not surprised that someone fell for the temptation since they look that good, but I am more disappointed that the one who sold them by a smart listing was one of the big sellers here on siccness who definitely know the deal and importance about correct listing and shady buyers etc -stuff that we discuss here on the regular.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2013
I am more disappointed that the one who sold them by a smart listing was one of the big sellers here on siccness who definitely know the deal and importance about correct listing and shady buyers etc -stuff that we discuss here on the regular.
Same feelings:ermm:

May 2, 2002
Had a little issue on an item of his with a "smart description" in the past. But it was not really a big deal, I didn't spend that much so I just ate it. But Selling these conversions for those prices is wrong IMO.

Mar 3, 2006
there will always be different aspects to some point of view. it would be good to say that we have more places like this board where people can share knowledge, communicate, discuss, take all good from it and in a way profit. but then again, are the people not even trying to do some research or at least read. whoever spend that $ on eBay for those CDs probably knows better for himself why(or doesn’t). sure thing is that B @bad-n-fluenz didnt put all that work into making conversions just to sell it for some profit, instead he is in a way saving and sharing a piece of this music history. is the artist loosing money of it, or is that legally correct its not for me to say. on the other hand i dont believe Cashflow420 @Cashflow420 had some big plans to sell those CDs for a major $. incomplete description might be misleading and could be considered as hiding the truth, but we all witnessed worst...calstate007 and similar.

i have them tapes, but still no conversion CDs!!! so could somebody please hooook meee uppp!!!
Dre-Mo + Young Pone pleaseee!!!!

Jan 6, 2003
Yup, you gotta click on the additional info hyperlinks to be directed to the RMG pages that explain it. remember it's only a minor detail/additional info that they are re-releases and not the OGs.

Last edited: